BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
BMW Z4 3.0i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to whoever is reading this:

I am absolutely mad at myself for butter-fingering this s***.
While I was removing the t-30 bolts on the vacuum pump through the sprocket, my finger decided to twitch for fun.
One of the bolts is now dropped inside into the abyss....

What do I do?

Thanks in advanced for your time,

Eugene

BMW 2008 Z4 3.0i, N52 Engine

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is the bolt visible? (I couldn't tell from the photos). If you can see it, a magnetic or claw pickup tool should work, or even a chopstick with a blob of grease on the end. If you can't see it, you can rent or borrow a boroscope. Most have a built in light and you can add a magnetic pickup attachment once you spot it.

·
Registered
BMW Z4 3.0i
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the bolt visible? (I couldn't tell from the photos). If you can see it, a magnetic or claw pickup tool should work, or even a chopstick with a blob of grease on the end. If you can't see it, you can rent or borrow a boroscope. Most have a built in light and you can add a magnetic pickup attachment once you spot it.
I appreciate for your response. Unfortunate, the above blurry photo is the best I can take.
I will give your advices attempts and update here.

Eugene

·
Registered
12,891 Posts
There's a pretty good chance the bolt found its way to the oil pan, so you may have to pull the drain plug and go fishing for the bolt through the oil drain hole.

Reactions: Z4530i
1 - 4 of 4 Posts