BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you kidding me? I'll call or go to the dealer before I go to a junkyard. I'm just trying to avoid someone I know at the dealer so I'm asking here so I can find them online and buy them instead.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really you got to cuss for a simple reply. I simply made a suggestion on the best way to find the parts you want.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
I believe you can find the part numbers you are looking for here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=BG13-USA---E36-BMW-328i&diagId=63_0270

Then enter those part numbers into a BMW parts vendor site.

But if you're just looking for metal clips and screws, you might be able to find something suitable at a hardware store, or just make your own. They just have to be metal holes that are slightly smaller than the screw - nothing fancy there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you can find the part numbers you are looking for here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=BG13-USA---E36-BMW-328i&diagId=63_0270

Then enter those part numbers into a BMW parts vendor site.

But if you're just looking for metal clips and screws, you might be able to find something suitable at a hardware store, or just make your own. They just have to be metal holes that are slightly smaller than the screw - nothing fancy there.
I'll check out home depot and see what I can find. Thanks. Oh and you were right about mechanic prices.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
I'll check out home depot and see what I can find. Thanks. Oh and you were right about mechanic prices.
Yeah, if you can't find actual pre-made clips, look for thin metal strips which you can bend and then drill holes as needed. Should be pretty easy to fab up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kental yes I have the right to speak my mind. If you're easily offended the interwebs might not be the right place for you.

ZeGerman found some clips that worked. Fogs installed. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
No it just shows your lack of respect for people and that you could use some manners. And you also felt bad about cussing cause you changed it. A kid like you should learn respect especially when someone actually offered an answer even if it's not the answer you wanted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well being respectful to people you are asking help from gets you a lot further in life then being a jerk and cussing. If you are asking for help then you should show respect to those that offer help and advice. Even if the advice is not what you want to hear. You will get more help from people when you show them respect.
Hope you grow and learn that one day good bye

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I don't owe anyone anything you Kental.
You sound like a _____ You asked a question and someone gave you a suggestion. You were not specific so he gave you what in his opinion would be the easiest method.

People tend to be nice to one and another here. It's not like other forums were you need to wear a body armor suit to post a simple question

1 - 12 of 12 Posts