BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hit a pot hole and bent/cracked the right front wheel. I need help finding a 17" style 42 wheel in good shape. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Alternately, does anyone know if BMW makes a "steel" wheel to use as a spare?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
ECSTuning I think sold Style 42s recently but they are pricey. I would put the spare Style 42 onto the front and get an inexpensive 17" aftermarket alloy wheel to use as a spare. Or just look in the forum classifieds or Craigslist for a used one. Problem is those are usually sold in sets of four or five.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECSTuning I think sold Style 42s recently but they are pricey. I would put the spare Style 42 onto the front and get an inexpensive 17" aftermarket alloy wheel to use as a spare. Or just look in the forum classifieds or Craigslist for a used one. Problem is those are usually sold in sets of four or five.
Thanks Fudman! I do have the spare style 42 in that position now. However that leaves me without a spare. I have been looking in the forum classifieds and Craigslist. The few I have found, like you mentioned, are either in sets of 4 and/or brand new which is more than I want to spend.
I had not thought about an "inexpensive" aftermarket. I'll have to see if such a creature exists!

·
Bimmerholic
1,788 Posts
If it's just for the spare, just get a cheap wheel of the proper size. It won't match visually, but then, it's just a spare, and you'll only be running it temporarily. I suppose if you feel that at some point you will wreck/bend another style 42, then you should buy a 5th. But if not--and unless you are worried that it will affect resale value--who cares.

I sold my style 42s but kept the spare, which now does not match my current wheels, except for diameter. But I'd only have it on for as long as it takes to get a new tire on the existing wheels. Doesn't keep me up nights.

Having said that, post your msg on wheel and tire forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts