BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into the possibility of selling my 2004 330ci... but the deciding factor will be what I can realistically get for it (has to really be worth my wild to get rid of my baby!) I haven't found a site that offers all of the options I have. I've been looking around for a few month's (sorta half-ass'd) and I have only see one like mine and it wasn't for sale!!! Am I missing something here or is it really that uncommon? I've been on KBB, Autotrader, Edmonson, CarMax, NADA, etc... nothin! :dunno:

Working on finding time to take some decent pics, but until then I've found a few on the web that looks-wise will give you the idea until I post my own. Any educated guesstimates or suggestions from all you Bimmer Guru's, Junkies and Genius' out there will be much appreciated.

So here's the scoop:

I'm the 2nd Owner - Purchased at Kuni BMW in Portland, OR both times so maintenance records are perfectly documented. It was purchased as BMW Certified and we had the BMW Extended Maintenance plan that ended in March of this yr. It's been very well maintained/garaged since day one. The only flaw this car has is two small dents put there by someone that assumed that I was a stuck up rich [email protected]# because of what I drove (they took out another BMW, 2 Audi, 1 Mercedes & 1 Lexus in the local area over a 3 week period...very similar marks, all of them driven by women). Small town mentality was my thought. One is on the roof line above passenger window (2") kind of elbow shaped, and the other (4"-5") partial footprint shaped on rear driver side near the tale light. They left their shoe tread-mark! :mad: Neither is creased and insurance is paying to remove, just need to take the time to do it.

- 2004 330CI

- ZHP, ZSP, ZCW

- 37,200ish miles

- Silver Grey Metallic high gloss

- "M-Tech II" body kit

- Brushed aluminum and black leather interior/trim

- 3.0-liter 6-cyl

- 6 spd SMG w/paddle shifters

- Sport Suspension - firmer springs and dampers, larger anti-roll bars, stronger front control arm ball joints, a lower ride height, and slightly more negative camber

- BMW Performance Camshaft (increases hp from 225 to 235)

- OEM STYLE 71 - 8 1/2Jx18" Staggered wheels (heard they're not all that common???)

- Had Run Flats & changed them out but pressure monitor option remains of course

- Xenon Adaptive Headlights

- Rear seat center armrest with pass through ski bag

- Heated rear window

- Fold down rear seats

- High pressure headlight cleaners

- Heated 8-way power front sport seats with 2-way manual headrests,lumbar and thigh support

- in-key remote programmable 3-driver memory for exterior mirror and seat positions
- automatic tilt-down of passenger's side-view mirror when vehicle is shifted into reverse gear

- Automatic climate control with air filtration system

- Harman Kardon AM/FM/CD with 12 speakers

- High gloss anthracite window trim

- Tinted windows

- A multifunction steering wheel that includes BMW's Bluetooth System, Stereo System, BMW Assist/Navigation.

- Rain-sensing windshield wipers

- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror

- Power tilting/sliding moonroof

And I'm probably leaving something out... but ya get the drift.

I have zero bad things to say about this ride. Nothing like doing 80 with the roof open, windows down, and rockin a little Zakk Wylde's - Spoke in the wheel or maybe Queensryche - Silent Lucidity... ohhh ya :guitar:

Sorry the long winded first post, but this "Newby" is looking forward to hearing what you have to say... stay tuned for my pics.

Cheers & Good Times from Oregon!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Some things that might need clarification:

Buttons for blue tooth. BMW assist, etc: If you don't actually have premium package, so those buttons are non-functional, and comes with every car anyway: (or do you really have blue tooth functionality? that would mean you have premium - if not, this is not important)

One thing you might need to mention: how's the condition of the alcantara steering wheel?

ZHP with SMG is rare - but SMG might actually lower your price, due to the bad rep the SMG has - depends on how much the buyer will know about SMG.
Style 71 is certainly not the normal style that came with ZHPs - although somewhat rare, a ZHP enthusiast might actually prefer ZHP style OEM wheels...

Most things that you listed are standard items on 330Ci, but that's not a problem - just FYI.

You do have a LOT of positive things going for the sale: low miles, color, etc.
I am not an expert in pricing, but I would start at about $18k ... I am sure other more experienced members would chime in soon

·
Keeping it surreal
43,351 Posts
No such thing as Sport and ZHP.
It's one or the other.
Correctomundo....the OP`s car does not (can not) exist as described....no one has EVER appeared with a documented SMG-equipped ZHP....

·
Coconut Pete's paella!
5,216 Posts
- ZHP, ZSP, ZCW

- Sport Suspension

- OEM STYLE 71 - 8 1/2Jx18" Staggered wheels (heard they're not all that common???)
So ... you bought a ZHP and then removed the ZHP suspension and added the sports suspension?

Removed the Style 135's that come with the ZHP and then put Style 71's on it?

Also ... I've never heard of a vehicle with both ZHP and ZSP on it.....

I gotta be honest here - it sounds like you have a 330CI w/ the sport (ZSP) package and not a ZHP package

Are you asking for advice on pricing or are you really trying to sell the car? It sounds odd that you are putting almost like a "sales pitch" next to every option you listed - and the fact that a rear window defroster is listed just takes me for a complete spin ..... I mean is there even a vehicle produced these days that doesn't have one?

My 2004 330CI w/ 49K miles is for sale for 17.9K right now if that helps you .....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, new to all of the terminology but I've been learning as I go. I may not say it right, but I know what features and options it has and that's what I was looking at. Thanks for setting me straight. I honestly do appreciate the knowledge and will soak it up from those that have it whenever I can.

On that note, let me clarify a little, my ass is so long winded to begin with, I just didn't think adding this was necessary in my original post... well, wrong again girl! When the original owner ordered it, he wanted all of the features that the ZHP had, but with the SMG/Sport as well so he chose to fill in the blanks where possible with upgrades/special orders or what ever strings he had to pull to get it done.

So do I restate it as having ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, SMG, M-Tech and additional features and options found with the ZHP ? LOL... Damn that's a lot of letters behind 330ci. Really necessary to put that in order to get a relevant value? Honest to gawd I'm not being a smart ass here at all... I seriously just trying to figure this stuff out and finding it way more interesting than I ever thought I would. I do Custom Cakes and Catering... not Performance Auto/Mechanics lol. But I do like driving them:)

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
Is that an actual photo of the interior in your car? It can't be as it has a proper manual gear lever, not an SMG lever.

What you're saying is the original owner ordered a 330ci with an SMG transmission, then paid to have most of the ZHP package items installed on the car? Even the cams?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm a little confused about your pictures. The third one shows a car that has a full manual transmission and not SSG. Is that not a picture of your interior?

EDIT: JVR beat me to it...

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
What you're saying is the original owner ordered a 330ci with an SMG transmission, then paid to have most of the ZHP package items installed on the car? Even the cams?
And the diff?

·
Registered
822 Posts
OP : you said the pics are not of your car, right?
Best way to clarify is: post actual pics ASAP -exterior and interior - then we can see if it's a ZHP or not...however, if the previous buyer did ALL the ZHP cosmetic mods and left out the mechanical mods, of course it will be hard to say.

In the meantime, i agree with others: sounds like it's a 330Ci w/ sports package and not ZHP. I just can't believe anyone would go to the trouble of getting a 330ci w/ spts pckg, then adding all mechanical stuff that's unique to ZHPs. buying a ZHP is cheaper, probably.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
first of CoolChange welcome to fest man ! :thumbup:
dude the description u'r saying is a lil farfetched, best thing u can do to clear out the vagueries is by posting some pics of ur car, we all read the specs but need some proof of it cuz somethings just don't sound right :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.