BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally graduated from grad school and im looking into buying my first BMW. It is going to be a 3 series (ive still got to pay off my loans). i was wondering if anyone knows of a good dealer in so cal. i live in the south bay but am willing to travel. I'm a girl so I want somebody i can trust that wont take advantage of me. any suggestions???

·
Analyst + Therapist = ...
8,102 Posts
I have a suggestion....

Keep your total transportation costs (car payment, insurance, gas, tolls and maintenance) under 19.1% of your net pay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
another one that I suggest is, goto www.kbb.com and get a quote on the vehicle you want with the options you want. Also, If its a new car, always bargain for kbb's invoice price. The Invoice Price, is the price the dealer paid for the car ( or ask much as they want us to know.) So always ask for the invoice price and no more. Bargaining for the invoice price can say you thousands!!!

As far as where, everywhere would be okay if you know the invoice price!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Since you mentioned you were female, maybe a female sales advisor would most likely make you feel more comfortable too?

I dealt with Phyllis Paxton at Sterling BMW in Newport Beach and she was very nice and I enjoyed working with her. The entire experience was very pleasant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all for your suggestions. i actually saw the name of a (female) south bay bmw internet sales manager elsewhere on bimmerfest. I attempted to contact her but she has left. I did find a great internet sales manager named Jay Withee at the same dealership and had a really good experience. I used the invoice tip above and got a good deal!I would def recommend him to anyone.

I really appreciate everyone's help and am proud to say that i am officially a BMW owner now!!!!!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats - welcome to the club and maybe we'll all see you someday cruising in the OC area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts