BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 m3 with active auto werkes stage 1:). but have recently had fuel problems, it gets to the point where the car is a hassle to drive :mad: i got many power surges and it feels
like the car is trying to shut down and when it passes through it it goes back to normal. i changed the fuel filter and everything was good for about 150 miles. then the other day i was racing a stock e36 m3 and felt a loss in power and when i pulled into the nearest parking and had the clutch in the rpms dropped to 300 and went back up. i noticed i was now below have a tank of gas so i was thinking it was it was the fuel pump. what do you guys think and what would be a good replacement pump? for now im stuck with a nice fast car that i cant enjoy :bawling:

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
Do a pressure test to confirm that you do have low fuel pressure. Should be 43 psi plus or minus 3 psi.
If that is good and you are that deep in follow up with the flow test. I think it is 1 Liter in 30 secs but confirm with Bentley.
That is the best way to know if the fuel pump bad or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i decided to buy a walbro 255 fuel pump and as i was taking the back seat out today i noticed there are 2 wholes i havnt yet opened one but im pretty sure the left one is the fuel pump but whats the right one for?

·
Really Senior Moments
497 Posts
Buy a Bentley Repair Manual... Please....

It's entirely possible that you have killed your car. (especially with forced induction and fueling issues...)

You really need to do some basic investagations, Check for vacuum/boost leaks. Do a compression and cylinder leak down test. Check your fuel pressure, and flow rate...

You really should have at a minimum an exhaust AFR gauge (air fuel ratio) if you are boosted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in what way could i have killed my car it runs fine just after it warms up it starts the power surges i do have air/fuel ratio gauge and car has been fine until this summer having it superchared for 3 years i also own a bently manual it also happens mostly when im at half tank of gas or lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts