BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my parents are in the midst of finding/buying a 08 x3.

we are looking for

silver gray
black leather
gray poplar - but would accept dark ash

must have -
steptronic
premium package
xenon's
heated steering wheel

would be fine with cold weather package - but must have at least heated front seats

edit: would LIKE premium audio (i think this is the hardest to find) - some say not really that much of an "upgrade"

additional equipment would be OK - as long as NO navigation.

we are on eastern long island.

thank you!

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I put in a request with my contact at the local dealership. I'll get back to ya when she replies.

Premium audio is hard to find. However, it's not that much of an upgrade. You get slightly better speakers, a mod you can do for chump change (I had my front ones replaced for $150, inclusive labor).

If you don't already know, there are a handful of Priority One options, if they are interested in ordering. These include Aluminium trim (no-cost), Terra, and Terracotta leather interiors.

Good call on the xenons and heated steering wheel.

Edit: Response will have to come on Weds. She's off tomorrow (Tues). I know there is a Silver Gray X3 with manual transmission sitting on Richmond BMW's lot (not as familiar with that dealer though, they charge a processing fee that's a bit exorbitant IMO).

·
...again.
1 Posts
Weird....that is almost EXACTLY what I'm looking for, too! The only big difference is the color - first preference is Titanium Silver, second choice is Silver Gray. But ditto on the options - all of them. I'm a bit more picky about the trim though - really only looking for the Gray Poplar. Your parents have great taste, mwahlert! :thumbup:

I'm anxious to see what you find, AzNM. I can't even get a DEALER to put the same effort in for me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm 24 and have owned 13 vehicles... my dad has probably owned 40 in his years... we are a car family :)

dad currently drives a 2002 s2000 - weather permitting - and a 98 suburban on off days. mom has a 2006 mkv gti (loaded - 6spd manual). her back is all f'ed up though - so dad is selling his toys - taking the gti from mom and mom gets the x3. they need 2 "all weather" cars for the next 2 years until they retire - then dad will probably sell the gti and buy a used 911.

i just traded MY 06 mkv gti in on a 335i - and i guess it lit the bmw fire under their @ss :angel:

thanks for the help everyone..

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Weird....that is almost EXACTLY what I'm looking for, too! The only big difference is the color - first preference is Titanium Silver, second choice is Silver Gray. But ditto on the options - all of them. I'm a bit more picky about the trim though - really only looking for the Gray Poplar. Your parents have great taste, mwahlert! :thumbup:

I'm anxious to see what you find, AzNM. I can't even get a DEALER to put the same effort in for me!
Although I'm not going to get a response from my sales rep soon, I know my dealer well enough to know what they're likely going to stock, even if they don't list the all options on their website. I am able to piece together the puzzles to fit the MSRP.

For a Ti Silver X3, I see one listed with an MSRP of $43.250. I'm willing to bet it has
1. AT (duh)
2. Premium
3. Xenons
4. Heated Front Seats

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my '08 X3 in February from VOB BMW in Rockville, Maryland. It is equipped similar to what you are looking for (silver gray, black leather, premium, cold package, steptronic, heated steering wheel, nav, xenons, privacy glass, dark ash wood). They are a volume dealer, so always have a good inventory and I believe they have silver gray in stock. This was my 2nd new BMW from VOB and Angela Decint (301-984-8989 x137, [email protected]) in Sales did a terrific job. You can take Amtrak down from NYC, and drive home.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I think all their Silver Grey X3s have the sat nav, which the OP doesn't want. Like I said, my sales rep would be able to double check, or see if there's anything they can dealer exchange for.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Results

Hey mwahlert,

My sales rep got back to me on what's coming into port. Here's two:

Vehicle #1
Silver Gray/Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather
Premium
Automatic trans
Heated steering wheel
Gray Poplar wood trim
Xenons
Privacy Glass
This vehicle holds an MSRP of $44250

Vehicle #2
Silver Gray/Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather
Premium
Automatic trans
Heated Steering Wheel
Xenons
Privacy Glass
Light Poplar wood trim
This car holds as MSRP of $44250

Both of them come into port on May 10.

**Please PM or let me know because my dealer needs to dealer exchange for these vehicles, and there is only 24hrs after arrival at port where they can exchange!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts