BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Presently I am in the process of purchasing a new 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium with the Convenience Package. I have been working with my sales representative and believe that I have negotiated a reasonable deal, but I still feel that I can work out a better deal. The deal I have worked out with my sales representative works out roughly as follows:

MSRP -- $54,800.00
Convenience Package -- $3,500.00
Total -- $58,300.00

Haggled reduction -- $2,800.00
Negotiated Price -- $55,500.00

I hope members of this forum can assist me in striking a deal that will help me obtain the lowest purchase price possible.

Question # 1: Based on information provided for the 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium with the Convenience Package, what price tier can I reasonably negotiate with my sales representative?

Question # 2: Based on information provided is there any chance for me to negotiate a lower price than what I have already been able to negotiate with my sales representative?

As mentioned earlier, I have a 2007 BMW X3, which will be part of a trade-in. So far, I have negotiated a trade-in price of $23K.

Question # 2: How much more trade-in value can I squeeze out of my trade-in?

Many thanks in advance to all those who can provide helpful responses to my questions.

THANX(Susan2012).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi,

Presently I am in the process of purchasing a new 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium with the Convenience Package. I have been working with my sales representative and believe that I have negotiated a reasonable deal, but I still feel that I can work out a better deal. The deal I have worked out with my sales representative works out roughly as follows:

MSRP -- $54,800.00
Convenience Package -- $3,500.00
Total -- $58,300.00

Haggled reduction -- $2,800.00
Negotiated Price -- $55,500.00

I hope members of this forum can assist me in striking a deal that will help me obtain the lowest purchase price possible.

Question # 1: Based on information provided for the 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium with the Convenience Package, what price tier can I reasonably negotiate with my sales representative?

Question # 2: Based on information provided is there any chance for me to negotiate a lower price than what I have already been able to negotiate with my sales representative?

As mentioned earlier, I have a 2007 BMW X3, which will be part of a trade-in. So far, I have negotiated a trade-in price of $23K.

Question # 2: How much more trade-in value can I squeeze out of my trade-in?

Many thanks in advance to all those who can provide helpful responses to my questions.

THANX(Susan2012).
The factory invoice price should be about $53,600 for your car. For my 2012 X5, I paid about $1000 over invoice. Given that, I'd say you can probably negotiate a better price. Don't forget about the destination charge, which I'm not sure is included in your final price.

I basically told them that I would be willing to purchase the car right there for $1000 over invoice. Anything more, and I was going to continue shopping around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your response

Dear slevit1,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your sharing your recent purchase experience with me. Your feedback will certainly help me in further negotiations with my sales representative.

Included is information on my 2007 X3 trade-in, something I should have put in on my original post. The odometer reading is under 28K miles. From my understanding this seems to be low mileage for the number of years I have owned my vehicle. I am wondering if the low mileage will help enhance the saleability of my trade-in. I am wondering how much more I can expect for my trade-in?

Again, many thanks in advance to all those who can provide helpful responses to my questions.

THANX(Susan2012).

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Sue, over on the new X3 board posters have had luck with amexnetwork.zag posting above actual dealer cost of $500 on a brand new model. Worth checking out. You can do much better than the numbers you posted I think.:D

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Overstock.com sells new cars?!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your response

Dear UncleJ,

Thank you for providing the URL for http://amexnetwork.zag.com. The site shows promise, but for the time being I will not be able to use the site as there is no option to select the year 2012 BMW X5. The latest new year model for the BMW X5 is 2011. Not certain when amexnetwork.zag.com will be updating their site to include the new 2012.

Also, thanks for suggesting looking at

bimmerfest - BMW Forums » BMW Model Discussions » X Series » X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

I'll be heading over there to checkout what information is available.

Again, many thanks in advance to all those who can provide helpful responses to my questions.

THANX(Susan2012).

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can get a better price going through Overstock.com. I paid $250 less than invoice on my 2012
Hi T562, I am shopping for x5 too, are you talking about 2012 model? I don't see overstock.com shows 2012 model for x5.

Truecar.com also shows $250 below invoice price for 2011 model.

By the way, truecar.com now has BMW 2012 model information.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,517 Posts
The factory invoice price should be about $53,600 for your car. For my 2012 X5, I paid about $1000 over invoice. Given that, I'd say you can probably negotiate a better price. Don't forget about the destination charge, which I'm not sure is included in your final price.

I basically told them that I would be willing to purchase the car right there for $1000 over invoice. Anything more, and I was going to continue shopping around.
Susan- if the 'factory invoice' is indeed 53600, then the dealer will also pay MACO and delivery on top of that... so add about 1200.

Remember, if a dealer gets MSRP then they pay the maco and delivery out of that...but if you are working up from 'cost' you need to accurately account for all the items the dealer pays for the car. Invoice of the car, invoice of the options, add maco, add delivery...subtract any dealer incentives.
\

Finally all these 'no haggle' sites are simply local dealers agreeing to sell the car for "500 over' or '1000 over'. Unless one of your local dealers is signed up there, the site will not have it.

And the fact is that if a local sales manager is willing to let them go via costco or whatever, they will do the same deal with you directly.

GL

A

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Sue, the "invoice pricing" threads on the X3 board here were for the 2011 (new) F25 X3. Good luck and the '12s should be up on most of the sites soon.:angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi T562, I am shopping for x5 too, are you talking about 2012 model? I don't see overstock.com shows 2012 model for x5.

Truecar.com also shows $250 below invoice price for 2011 model.

By the way, truecar.com now has BMW 2012 model information.
I selected 2011 model on overstock.com and found the dealer that has offered $250 less than invoice. Dealer agreed to do the same with 2012 model. I am going to get it on this Saturday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I selected 2011 model on overstock.com and found the dealer that has offered $250 less than invoice. Dealer agreed to do the same with 2012 model. I am going to get it on this Saturday.
Thank you, do you mind to share your dealer with me once you have the deal done. I am in NJ. Make sure you know what fees you are going to pay. They may jack up the price by using the fees. The best price I can get is 700 over the invoice which including all the fees. Good luck, looking forward to hear from you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can get a better price going through Overstock.com. I paid $250 less than invoice on my 2012
Your comment got me doing a little retro investigative search on my recent '11 X5 5.0i purchase. With the same carbon copy on packages and options, Overstock's invoice = 72,130 and Edmund's invoice = 70,600 (computed in Februrary 2 days prior to purchase). My negotiated OTD price with the dealer = 72,300-- this is my 4th bimmer from the same dealer/salesperson.
Based on the Overstock's invoice, I paid approximately 170 over factory invoice...I'm feeling really good right now! But...according to Edmund's invoice, I paid about 1,700 over invoice...I'm feeling OK. Why is there a remarkable discrepancy between these two sites? What's more accurate? Or maybe I need to recharge my iPad....Btw, the MSRP = 77,9xx.xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your comment got me doing a little retro investigative search on my recent '11 X5 5.0i purchase. With the same carbon copy on packages and options, Overstock's invoice = 72,130 and Edmund's invoice = 70,600 (computed in Februrary 2 days prior to purchase). My negotiated OTD price with the dealer = 72,300-- this is my 4th bimmer from the same dealer/salesperson.
Based on the Overstock's invoice, I paid approximately 170 over factory invoice...I'm feeling really good right now! But...according to Edmund's invoice, I paid about 1,700 over invoice...I'm feeling OK. Why is there a remarkable discrepancy between these two sites? What's more accurate? Or maybe I need to recharge my iPad....Btw, the MSRP = 77,9xx.xx
You are right. I didn't check Edmund's invoice before. There is a difference in invoice price on Edmunds and Overstock.com or Truecar.com. Overstock and Truecar includes $500 regional add fee (MACO, I guess) For my 2012 car, Edmunds has $57,210 and Truecar has $57,710. I am paying $57,540.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,517 Posts
This is getting curiouser and curiouser :)
Yeah.. .

Q: How do you make money selling cars at $250 under invoice?

A: When "invoice" really isn't invoice.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My deal on 2011 35i was:
MSRP: 61000
X5 2008 trade in: 39900
Deal on 2011: 51900 @0.9% for 60months

P.S. BMW gave me a sweet deal because had some major issues with 2008 x5 that I traded in.

I assume 2k more in trade
and $4500 below invoice on new

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,517 Posts
Under "invoice" sounds like trunk money to me. I wonder if BMW has started that to clear out their '11s?:eek:
I had that fleeting thought, but they are selling like hotcakes, even 2011s.

And I think the record will show that the person that posted "under" was using the inflated Overstock invoice.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I wonder if "Anon" would share his thoughts on the situation? On the X3 board the "new" X3's have been reported at $500 over invoice from car buying services. This is a brand new model with a very hot engine (same 0-60 as the X5 50) and it seems a little soon for "deals" like that. Unless of course they want to get a bunch out in the real world for some Beta testing!:yikes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts