Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to DIY things. So I've purchased a backup camera kit specific for F30. Includes a controller box, Head Unit coupler and cable to connect to the LCD display, trunk handle integrated camera etc.

So I've managed to reach the HU and install everything correctly (phew!) Now the camera is working flawlessly. While everything seems to be working fine, I've noticed 2 things:

1) The bluetooth phone function no longer works... I still see the phone menu etc, but by selecting into anything in the phone menu, it just stays on "Please wait" forever...

2) Minor but weird.... I dont see the time on the top right corner of Navigation screen info box, its blank. But clock in the dash is fine :S Also seems I cant set the time in the settings menu...

Unfortunately the kit did not come with documents on troubleshooting these things. Its suppose to NOT AFFECT any of the existing functions in the car. Any suggestion would be appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would first restore all to factory (temporarily disconnect your new kit) and see if the symptoms go away. Would also help to show pictures / brands of the new kit for other forum members to assess whether they have 1st hand knowledge of said items.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts