Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This is my first post on Bimmerfest, although I have been visiting this site for a couple of years.

I'm interested in purchasing a 330 Ci convertible in early spring/summer 2006 using the European Delivery program. When I visited the BMW dealer closest to me to pick up brochures, I was told that the 3-series convertible was in the process of going through a model change, but I was not able to obtain any definite information on when the new model would be available. The sales person I talked to could not even tell me whether he was referring to a shift from the E46 to the E90, or if there was some other change in the works that I was not aware of.

I know that there are a lot of Gurus on this forum, so I am confident that one of you will be able to give me the real story of what I can expect to encounter at the dealership next year. By the way, I live in Maryland, so I will definitely be contacting Mr. Joern Esser at Passport BMW to discuss the ED program.

Thanks for the excellent information that I have always found on this site. I am looking forward to learning even more good stuff in the coming months.

With best regards to all of you for the ongoing holiday season.

CarSwami

·
CarSwami
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chuck

Am I correct in interpreting your response to mean that the new convertible model will not be available until MY2007? If I'm right, that is a real bummer because I need to get a new car by June 2006. Thanks for the information.

CarSwami :tsk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi CarSwami - I too am new to as a "poster" this site, but have periodically reviewed over the past several months for updates on the availability of the new coupe/convertible body style on the 3series. I am looking to do an ED in early June of '06 - still deciding on the model.

From what I have read, (and its been a few weeks since I have last scoured all of the forums for details) it looks like the coupe "may" (??) be available by mid-year '06, but that the convertible will not be available until '07.

Any further updates folks?

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Nellinghofnativ said:
Hi CarSwami - I too am new to as a "poster" this site, but have periodically reviewed over the past several months for updates on the availability of the new coupe/convertible body style on the 3series. I am looking to do an ED in early June of '06 - still deciding on the model.

From what I have read, (and its been a few weeks since I have last scoured all of the forums for details) it looks like the coupe "may" (??) be available by mid-year '06, but that the convertible will not be available until '07.

Any further updates folks?
You are correct. Coupe 2006. M3 and convertible M3/3 series in 2007.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation...I keep hoping there will be some major change of plans from BMW, but that doesn't appear to be the case and time is running short. So, I'm looking at other convertible options (including the 650)...don't need to make a final decision for ED until spring, so I'll keep the options open.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
Nellinghofnativ said:
Thanks for the confirmation...I keep hoping there will be some major change of plans from BMW, but that doesn't appear to be the case and time is running short. So, I'm looking at other convertible options (including the 650)...don't need to make a final decision for ED until spring, so I'll keep the options open.
You could always do a short 2 year 330 convertible lease on an 06. I would not be in a hurry to get a 2007 vert. I would wait for the second year anyway which puts you two years out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts