BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a fairly new BMW owner (well my son drives it). The oil light (yellow) keeps coming on.

I drove it Sunday and the light was on. I stopped to ask if they could assist me by adding some oil. He put 1.5 quart in, he showed me how to view the oil level, which showed just under the full line.

I was out maybe an hour and by the time I arrived home the light came on again and now that I know how to check the level it appeared to be almost empty.

We are aware of a small oil leak but my mechanic said nothing to worry about at this time (since my son is responsible for expense of repairs).

When explaining to my mechanic about this he asked if the car has white smoke coming from tail pipe. I did notice this evening it appeared to have white smoke coming from tailpipe (but what do I know) :) He said if there is I should sale the car as the engine may be going bad.

Im wondering if I should have the sensor replaced to see if this corrects the oil light coming on. My son claims it goes on and off and of course stresses him out.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, guidance that I may be able to check out. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
351 Posts
NEED HELP - oil light (yellow) coming on & notice white smoke tailpipe

My wife's 323i's oil light come on when started (yellow) and goes off. I check the oil and it's fine. I am going to replace the sensor at the next oil change as I just changed the oil to see if this fixes it. I'll let you know, I'll do it next week. I will also be replacing the headlights and tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts