BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Model: e90 pre-facelift professional ccc dvd navigation. Today when I put the key into slot my iDrive screen flashed and turned off... immediately cd/dvd started to spin. All this repeated once per minute. After 30 min bmw logo came up and iDrive started to work with no problems. When I restarted the car flashing started again and after 45 min ride nothing changed :(
Is there any solution how to fix this loop flashing or there is no chance of fixing the issue?

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
How is the car battery?

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Thanks for reply... Will check :thumbup: In other forum they told that ccc is ded for sure... Is there anything else I can check before thinking about ccc replacement?:dunno:
Reason I ask about the car battery is because the CCC units are very sensitive to voltage.

When my car battery is low, engine cranking will allow voltage to drop below a point where my CCC is not happy. It freezes and needs to be soft reset. I can either wait 10-30 minutes and eventually during my drive, it will reset. Or I can reset the system by using the volume and eject buttons.

Anyway, with a new battery, these issue went away. On cold mornings, after car has sat over night, I will have the freezing issues again if my battery is not fully topped off.

Every couple weeks, I will connect my car to a battery tender to help minimize this issue.

There is not much to do with these units when they fail to boot or get stuck in boot loops. The only repairable thing on these units are the DVD drives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.