BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of buying a 2006 750i, with a build date of 09/2005. Having read many forum posts, I've realized that there appear to be many mid-year upgrades to the E65/E66. FTM to TPM, etc. can anyone, please, tell me with the september 2005 build date, what upgrades or changes WON'T be in the car?

Also, I am trading out of a 550i loaded, with Logic7.. the new car does NOT have Logic 7. question - How bad is the standard stereo?

I'd really appreciate this very much, if you can post ASAP... thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
459 Posts
Suggest you address the question to changes/upgrades to your BMW dealer. He should be able to give you chapter and verse. As to the radio, my 750i has the Logic 7 system, but our 545i does not. To me both sound systems sound good, but I am not all that big on sound systems in a car. I think you will enjoy the seven however.
vz

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got rid of a 745i without L7 a few months ago and just got another new used one with the L7. I just commented today to my wife that if we were ordering a new one, I couldn't be convinced to pay for the L7. It's nice to have a CD changer but the quality of the music compared to the standard 745i setup does not seems to be a huge difference to ME. However, in our 530i, the L7 does seem to sound a lot better than the standard setup. Like my service advisor said, the standard 745i audio setup isn't exactly a base model setup. If my used BMW's have L7, great, if not, it certainly wouldn't be a reason for me not to purchase. My personal must have option for the 745i is the Luxury Seating Package, love the cooled seats!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought all MY 2006 750's had the upgrades. Would seem weird to put the new engine into the car without the rest of the updates.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crvtt said:
I got rid of a 745i without L7 a few months ago and just got another new used one with the L7. I just commented today to my wife that if we were ordering a new one, I couldn't be convinced to pay for the L7. It's nice to have a CD changer but the quality of the music compared to the standard 745i setup does not seems to be a huge difference to ME. However, in our 530i, the L7 does seem to sound a lot better than the standard setup. Like my service advisor said, the standard 745i audio setup isn't exactly a base model setup. If my used BMW's have L7, great, if not, it certainly wouldn't be a reason for me not to purchase. My personal must have option for the 745i is the Luxury Seating Package, love the cooled seats!
I appreciate that comment. I did take delivery today of the car, without Logic 7. there is a definite difference between this, and my 550i WITH logic7.

Is it horrible? NO! Could it be better, absolutely. But, if you are accurate in that it isn't that much of a discernable difference on the 7-series, than maybe I shouldn't think twice.

the CD Changer is nice, but in the 5-er, I used the AUX in with an IPOD.. the 750i doesn't have the AUX yet, but will have the IPOD kit very soon. soooooo....

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't think twice about it. The biggest difference to my ears is more bass from the L7 system. I'm not a huge fan of big bass and have the bass on the L7 turned down somewhat. I'm no audiophile so my assesment may be off somewhat, but if you're happy with the rest of the car, color. options, price, mileage, don't let the lack of L7 detract from what a great car the 7 is! I missed my 745i so much after picking up a 530i Sport that I just had to get another one.

So what are the details on your new 750i?

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crvtt said:
I wouldn't think twice about it. The biggest difference to my ears is more bass from the L7 system. I'm not a huge fan of big bass and have the bass on the L7 turned down somewhat. I'm no audiophile so my assesment may be off somewhat, but if you're happy with the rest of the car, color. options, price, mileage, don't let the lack of L7 detract from what a great car the 7 is! I missed my 745i so much after picking up a 530i Sport that I just had to get another one.

So what are the details on your new 750i?
I'll update my profile later, but 2006 750i, sport package, Sapphire Black with Natural Brown. convenience package, rear shades, COMFORT SEATS, satellite. would have like a few more options, but got such a great deal on this one, I couldn't pass it up.

I have to say, compared to my 550i, this handles possible better. is that possible? around corners at speeds, the 5-er was on rails.. the 750i is on rails coated with silicone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
wassy said:
I'll update my profile later, but 2006 750i, sport package, Sapphire Black with Natural Brown. convenience package, rear shades, COMFORT SEATS, satellite. would have like a few more options, but got such a great deal on this one, I couldn't pass it up.

I have to say, compared to my 550i, this handles possible better. is that possible? around corners at speeds, the 5-er was on rails.. the 750i is on rails coated with silicone!
If you have the time post some picks of your car, your color combo would be nice to see!:thumbup:

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
A 750i, Hmmm

Welcome to the 7 Series family. I wish I saw your post before you took delivery. I hope you are satisfied with your current setup.

The 750 is a great car, enjoy every bit of it.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
crvtt said:
I thought all MY 2006 750's had the upgrades. Would seem weird to put the new engine into the car without the rest of the updates.
Well, there is an option that's currently available on the MY2006 E65/66 that wasn't available from the MY06 beginning - Night Vision. When we got our new 2006 760Li in January, that option wasn't available. This is the only OPTIONAL change during the current MY I can think of and this option just became available. Don't ask me what changes happened when it comes to standard features (Navi-updates, new software etc.). Basically, they keep on upgrading those things 24/7. But when it comes to MAJOR changes, I can't think of any DURING the MY06...

BTW, we still got FTM on our 760Li (December '05 built) instead of TPM (as far as I recall, the early E65/66's already had TPM but they switched to FTM due to technical problems. So they returned to TPM now? Interesting...).

·
BMW Enthusiast!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gbelton said:
Welcome to the 7 Series family. I wish I saw your post before you took delivery. I hope you are satisfied with your current setup.

The 750 is a great car, enjoy every bit of it.
what's wrong with this setup?

·
Registered
275 Posts
What is TPM and FTM? Wassy, I'd also like to see some pics of the black w/natural brown, I've never seen that combo before. My last 745i was toledo blue w/natural brown and I liked that combo much more than the light tan interior.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
crvtt said:
What is TPM and FTM? Wassy, I'd also like to see some pics of the black w/natural brown, I've never seen that combo before. My last 745i was toledo blue w/natural brown and I liked that combo much more than the light tan interior.
If you want to see that color-combo, just click on the link in my signature ("additional pics"). I have the same cobo on the 760Li.

FTM = Flat Tire Monitor, only notifies you of a flat tire.
TPM = Tire Pressure Monitor, tells you the current psi on each tire.

·
BMW-addicted
1,335 Posts
crvtt said:
Wow the wood in the 760i really looks great.
Thanks..:thumbup:

·
Registered
707 Posts
oh man, i wish i'd see your post before. i'd consider swapping my 750 for your 550 since i want something sportier now. might get an M5. anyways, enjoy the 7er - they are sweet cars.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts