BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my 02 745li would seem "lazy". whenever i would be going 30ish like at 1500 rpm and i would accelerate a lil bit maybe 10 percent throttle the car would not speed up or nothing. and also the rpm needle would go up and down til i would accelerate atleast 50 percent. so i took it in and they replaced the transmission.(which was a surprise, because they didnt even see what was wrong they just decided to change it out. well 2 weeks later the problem came back... any suggestions... its going back, but any idea what could be wrong??
thanx in advance..

****oh! by the way as a loaner they gave me a 07 750li, and let me tell you...NICE!!!!***

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
im not to sure about the answer but when they changed your tranny they reset the transmision computer. so thats why the tranny was good for two weeks but after it adjusts to your driving style the tranny will start acting up again. i had the same prob on my 02 745i which the dealer bought back.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I don't know if this would be the problem, but i had the same problem on my 3 series and it ended up being a bad mass air flow sensor. The funny thing is the check engine light never came on but after i changed it my car truthfully felt like a whole new beast.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
BMW tottally knows about this problem but they try o avoid any costly repairs
and overall its up to the dealer , my firned got his navigation chnged, wood, and L7 amp with new speaker under warranty, problem is i dont have that time to watse going back and forward to the damn dealed but im gonna have to b4 my warranty expires

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BMW tottally knows about this problem but they try o avoid any costly repairs
and overall its up to the dealer , my firned got his navigation chnged, wood, and L7 amp with new speaker under warranty, problem is i dont have that time to watse going back and forward to the damn dealed but im gonna have to b4 my warranty expires
same here i have 1500 miles left before warranty runs out and i have been trying to get everything repaired, so far i have had all four kickplates, replaced the L7 amp, all four window motors, xenon lights, angel eyes, idrive button and all the a/c vents.. oh and they replaced the tansmission but im still having issues with it..im taking it wednesday to see about this problem im having.. also i am trying to get the headlights replaced, i read on here they are covered under warranty so hopefully i could get them replaced as well..

·
Registered
254 Posts
wow they replaced alot of stufff on yours....what problems were you having with the window motors, xenon lights, L7 amp, ac vents, i drive knob, and kickplates? My 7 has started to give me quite some grief and I am about to setup an appointment and I would like to know how to go about it so they dont screw me. Here are my problems: left headlight burnt out, I-Drive knob flaked and also interior pieces have flaked the black off of them, transimission acting up, ac vent does not turn with knob, and a few others....I am hoping to get everything covered which I feel it should be.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow they replaced alot of stufff on yours....what problems were you having with the window motors, xenon lights, L7 amp, ac vents, i drive knob, and kickplates? My 7 has started to give me quite some grief and I am about to setup an appointment and I would like to know how to go about it so they dont screw me. Here are my problems: left headlight burnt out, I-Drive knob flaked and also interior pieces have flaked the black off of them, transimission acting up, ac vent does not turn with knob, and a few others....I am hoping to get everything covered which I feel it should be.
well with the window motors the passenger side window was getting stuck so i told them that it was on all four windows, so they just replaced all of them. oh and they also retinted all the windows because one of the motors scratched the tint and it didnt match the rest so they retinted all of them:)... with the xenon lamps one of them started looking purple, then about a week later it went out.so they replaced it, but as soon as they replaced it i told them that it did not match the other, cause they said it needs altleast 100 hours for it to give out that blueish purpleish light.. the l7 amp i just told them that i thought the speakers sounded busted, and that it was the second time i took it in for that and that it sounded the same.. the ac vents, they were not flush mounted in the dash they were popped out alil bit.. and the i drive button it was coming off, i guess it was broken or something.. the kickplates for the same reason you wanna change them the black started coming off... first when i went in there they didnt wanna do it but then i told them that i had went to another dealership and that they had adviced me that all that was covered under warranty but that the other dealer was too busy to fix it for me, so they changed everything wit no problem.... now i just hope they will change my headlight units.... for the transmission they should fix it or have it replaced... good luck:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts