BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Driver
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY12 E70: The side reflector on the passenger side got swiped and damaged as you can see and I would like to replace it along with the fender side trim. Looks like a simple DIY but I'll take any formal instructions available. I am thinking: Take off tire, unscrew the fender trim and pull it out, peel back fender liner, maybe, replace the side marker (I assume it is held back there by either clips or screws) and put it all back together. I could not find the reflector during my online search. If anyone has P/N (reflector and fender trim), that would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Side marker is held by some glue tape. Had exactly same issue when my wife scratched driver side. Mine did not broke though, just fell off.

So I use bumper adhesive and put it back. I did not take the wheell off, just turned it all way in. But do agree it will be easier with it off. Then you take all those rivets out that hold arch cover as well as few screws that hold that little part down, you will figure it out when you start this, it was pretty easy.

To put all back together you need to have rivet gun and plastic rivets. Best and cheap option - from Harbor Freight, it comes with 10 rivets of few sizes already and biggest rivets from this set is exactly what you need (dealer sell it buck or two EACH). HF has replacement pack of those rivets as well, if you need more then 10. I'm not sure how many you need as I just did few of those to access area.

·
Driver
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for. Acoste, mine does not have side camera, but I'll check the link you posted first - they probably have the side markers for all options. Again, thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts