BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, yet another dumb question. So I ordered a BMW Business CD for my 1998 M3 (replacing the C33 model with the CD43). I rushed to get this unit in (first mistake) and when I turned it on, it had the following on the readout: CODE ----

Question 1: I have the Radiopass. Where the hell is the code on it? On my previous ID card for the C33, it said it plain and simple, Code Number XXXXX. On this one, I have Typ/Model, Gerate/Serial-Nr., EUROPE and US fields with numbers in each. Which is it?

Question 2: I've been told that this unit may defualt to 4 digit Euro code (hence the 4 dashes after CODE). Should I enter that four digit number in Euro instead of the four digit number in US field? I entered the US number and got locked out (CODE WAIT), so I'm waiting an hour before banging my head into a wall.

Question 3: I removed the C33 model easily. I cannot take this SOB out to look at it (remember I rushed in). Is there some sort of trick to it besides making sure the hex screws are fully loosened?

I know how to change to the USA tuner on the CD43, so that's not a problem. It's entering the right code in that I'm having problems with. The dealers are no help (bring it in, they say), and my local shop is also wanting to charge me for something I've already paid for.

BTW, the model number for this unit is: 65 12 6 909 884

Thanks for the responses...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

First...thanks to everyone that helped (all 0 of you)...

The CD 43 radio defaulted to the 4 digit European security code. I entered in the 4 digit Euro code, selected service mode and switched to the USA tuner. Everything works as it should (RDS, PTY on some stations).

As for removing it carefully...still haven't found a way to do it, but at this point, it's doing what I need it to do, so I'm fine for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts