BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone with expertise please help me with the purchase of some new tires? I've read the reviews, but I'm still at a loss and for some of the tires, I can't find any information. Now that might be telling me something, but it may just be my internet skills. Remington, Michelin, Falken or Nitto. My tire size is 225/60/15. Ok, so one tire shop tried to sell me some remington (this is the one that I can't find any comparison info on), claiming that they were better than the other three tires- $320 (for 4 and installed). Another tire store recommends thai i get the falken ($290) or Nitto ($283). And both tire stores have to special order the michelins ($550). Now, there is a serious price difference, and I may be willing to pay, if it makes sense. I do drive fast, but not racing anyone. I'm going about 70-85 on the freeway. I would like to have the tire as long as possible. Anyway, this is getting to be a long email, so I'll cut it here by saying that I appreciate any guidance. Oh last thing, I live in sunny california, so no snow and it only rains so often.
Thank you a bunch for the help!

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
depends on what you are looking for in a tire.

mileage (how much use)
speed rating
all seasons or summers

though <300 for a set is really low tires not considering performance tires. i'd check out what tirerack or costco sells. you can also check tirerack.com for recommendations or opinions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.