BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the 05 330 convertibles. Color dilemmas, as I think most of us go through. If anyone has a pic of a mystic blue with the blue roof please post (can't find anywhere). The combos I'm considering

mystic blue, black or blue roof, natural brown or grey interior
black, black, beige or natural brown (maybe grey)
silver grey, black, grey or natural brown

any pics of any of those any of those combos would be great. Probably the black/black offers the smoothest look with the top up. Also on comments on preferences/impressions would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
JoeK said:
Looking at the 05 330 convertibles. Color dilemmas, as I think most of us go through. If anyone has a pic of a mystic blue with the blue roof please post (can't find anywhere). The combos I'm considering

mystic blue, black or blue roof, natural brown or grey interior
black, black, beige or natural brown (maybe grey)
silver grey, black, grey or natural brown

any pics of any of those any of those combos would be great. Probably the black/black offers the smoothest look with the top up. Also on comments on preferences/impressions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Love the natural brown interior myself. I'd defiitely go with it over beige/sand, because only hte leather is brown, and the rest of the trim is charcoal/black. Personally, I find grey kind of meh for an interior, but that's my taste and others may like it.

As for roof, I'd stick with black. Blue can work, but it's not the same blue as the paint, so it's a bit like wearing mismatched slacks and sportcoat.

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Tanning machine said:
... so it's a bit like wearing mismatched slacks and sportcoat.
If they matched it would be a suit. :D

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
If they matched it would be a suit. :D
Indeed. And if they don't, and it's not done right, it looks like you say "hey blue goes with blue."

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Natural Brown :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd go with either Mystic Blue or Black since I like dark colors. Just be good about keeping them clean....the interior is a no-brainer - Natural Brown is the best and one of the more unique interior colors on the e46 3-series. Your car will be different from all the monotone grey and sand cars out there. I love the way the black and brown contrast each other rather than having a single color all over the place (i.e. seats, dash, center console, floor, etc.).

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
jetstream23 said:
Natural Brown :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'd go with either Mystic Blue or Black since I like dark colors. Just be good about keeping them clean....the interior is a no-brainer - Natural Brown is the best and one of the more unique interior colors on the e46 3-series. Your car will be different from all the monotone grey and sand cars out there. I love the way the black and brown and contrast rather than having a single color all over the place (i.e. seats, dash, center console, floor, etc.).
Natural brown is nice, but a tad too dark for my taste.

And, by request, here is a pic with mystic/sand/black top up...

Attachments

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Tanning machine said:
Indeed. And if they don't, and it's not done right, it looks like you say "hey blue goes with blue."
Blue dosent go with blue? :dunno:

Its called complementary colors...Check a PMS color wheel. :p

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Another vote for the Natural Brown interior. I can show you a few pics of a Silver Gray car with Natural Brown interior (Or just look in the EuroDelivery folder for a post started by me). Silvergray with NB is a wonderful combo. Black exterior with NB is also beautiful (but of course black is harder to maintain).

NB is very unique, but is both classy and sporty at the same time - it also happens to look stunning on a convertible (the backs of the seats are black too) - so there's lots of contrast. Tanning Machine - post some more pics of your car would ya?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Orient Blue

Just so you can compare. Here's my 2001 in orient blue. The blue top is a PERFECT match for the orient blue, but not for the mystic blue. For any of the blue colors and especially for the mystic blue....I would go with gray leather. But this is just me....

By the way, the "Orient Blue" is no longer available. There is a "Monaco Blue" instead

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts