BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this could go in the classifieds, but it really is as much a question as anything else. I recently picked up a great deal on a DDM M5 repo bumper kit from a fellow member and the test fit and everything looks great on my 2000 540 sport. I am slightly confused about the foglight trim pieces. I received 3 in the kit. The one I need is missing, yet I have two that I don't need at all and I must assume that they fit the OEM M5 fogs rather than the ones that come with the kit. If someone needs them, pm me and they are yours. Maybe someone has the ones than come "free" with the kit and don't need them--but, I do. I need the left (driver) side plastic trim piece with a blacked outside shield exactly like in the picture I have attached from the DDM page. I only have the right (passenger) one, but I have two more that won't help me or fit my lamps. Anyone need- they are yours. Anyone know where I can get the missing passenger side cover shown in the attached photo lower right corner, I would really appreciate anyone helping. I will call DDM on Monday, but maybe someone didn't need the ones that are std. PM or email me Thx Bill

TO CLARIFY, I F'D Up. I need the DRIVERS SIDE piece in the lower right side of this picture. My bad

Attachments

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
Yeah just let DDM know and I'm sure they'll send you the parts free-of-charge

·
Tha All-star
1,251 Posts
Hey Bill, i might have that piece. If not that, I have one which will cover the fog but leave a small opening for the brake duct which is no big deal either. At least your fog light will look complete. I will check my stash.

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I'm not giving you any reason to stop working on getting that "puffer" installed Ken! Besides, while I really appreciate your offer it needs to be the one in the picture unfortunately as this piece snaps in such a way as to also be what locks the fog to stay in place. It has one screw that also holds it in, but that particular fog shield is needed. I got with the kit a pair of OEM fog shields lalso which could fit the lens to make it look finished, but without the DDM piece the light could break the lone screw tab and fall out. The shiled also functions to hold the light. Thanks much bro-

How's the S/C install coming? Have you started? I hope you have better long-term happiness with your S/C than I did with the Vortech I put on an LT-1. The FMU's were not too reliable and nothing will make your heart skip a few beats like being full into the throttle and see the fuel pressure gauge start falling!

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im doing a build for my 540i Im putting the m5 bumpers on... take those pieces off your hands if you don't need them let me know thanks.

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to make sure, these are what the rings look like. I took this off Eplay, but they look identical to what I have and what I do NOT need. They are claimed to fit Depos and I believe they will also fit oem. The ones I need, as you can see from the picture in post #1, have sideshields. These have shields that run front to back (sorta).

If these are what you need, they are yours for the postage. PM me. Still would hope someone needs these and has what I need. Still looking. Will call DDM tomorrow. Does anyone know if the DDM kit is supposed to have the plastic "buttons" that secure the aluminum bumper reinforcement to the new DDM bumper?

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just to make sure, these are what the rings look like. I took this off Eplay, but they look identical to what I have and what I do NOT need. They are claimed to fit Depos and I believe they will also fit oem. The ones I need, as you can see from the picture in post #1, have sideshields. These have shields that run front to back (sorta).

If these are what you need, they are yours for the postage. PM me. Still would hope someone needs these and has what I need. Still looking. Will call DDM tomorrow. Does anyone know if the DDM kit is supposed to have the plastic "buttons" that secure the aluminum bumper reinforcement to the new DDM bumper?
You'll need to buy the expanding rivets (51118174185) from eactuning.com or the dealer, it's very inexpensive. About 15 for the rear and 8 for the front, should buy a couple extra just in case they break during the hammering.

You'll need the two pieces at the very bottom of my attached pictures, it snaps right in.

Attachments

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the one fog shield I was missing and was able to re-use the rivets. If you take a drill bit appropriately sized, you can knock out the center rivet pin and save them. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the one fog shield I was missing and was able to re-use the rivets. If you take a drill bit appropriately sized, you can knock out the center rivet pin and save them. Thanks for the response.
How did it turn out? Post some pics, did you go for the undercarriage covers?

·
resident, old fart
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It turned out far better than I ever imagined. I wish I had taken "before" pictures. I did not buy any underside covers. I found 12" x 12" ABS black plastic sheets of plastic and will fab covers that fit perfectly. I will even incorporate part of my old liners such as the part that holds the outside temp. semsor and so forth. When I am done, looking at the underside you will think it was made that way. It will not be half-assed, but will maintain all the original thought that went into why the covers were put there in the first place.

I'll get some pictures in the next couple days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts