BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car(1987 325is)has a battery problem it is charging but after sitting for a day or so the battery is drained,its a new battery and the alternator has been checked,but something is drawing power,not fast but after a day of sitting it wont even turn over....thanks for the help

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
check your glove box light. Make sure nothings plugged into the cigarette lighter. ive heard of ICV sticking on. even with ignition off. check trunk lights too. Sounds foolish but you would be surprised.
Any audio components in the trunk? that would be drawing power?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill try to unplug the trunk and glove box ligh and see if it helps,there are no audio components,thanks for the advice.....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
viojay said:
my car(1987 325is)has a battery problem it is charging but after sitting for a day or so the battery is drained,its a new battery and the alternator has been checked,but something is drawing power,not fast but after a day of sitting it wont even turn over....thanks for the help
Get a volt meter and check for drop at the battery with the key off, if you have a "draw" remove fuses one at a time until it disappears. That will narrow it down to one circuit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok....i think i got it...

turns out the new battery i bought ,i went and had tested tonight,three times ,all came back bad battery so tommorrow my new battery will be in and i will let you know ,thanks everyone for your help.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts