BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GD guys & gals i'm seeking some info on some Koni yellow sport shocks. I have a 2000 Dinan 540 with the Dinan suspension (Springs) it's in need of front shocks due to one leaking. My question is (Stupid as it might be) are the Koni Yellow Sport Shocks that sell commercially online the same as Dinan used on there suspension? (I'm not trying to buy them from Dinan) And if it is how do you adjust them? how does one know where the the adjustment supposed to be? Thanking anyone who can help in advance....:):dunno:

·
Supercharged 540i
426 Posts
Look at the front shocks and see who made them for Dinan. Their should be some kind of manufacturing stamp or mark on them other than Dinan. Dinan doesn't make shocks or any other parts they just sell them. Other company's are making the parts they sell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Dinan doesn't make shocks it's a Koni shock product. But it's being valved or adjusted at Dinan for the E39 with there springs. After looking at there Koni shocks on their site I believe I have no choice, but to go the Dinan route. Thanks for everyone's input. $506 a pair I will have to live with.

·
Supercharged 540i
426 Posts
What ever part # is on the Koni shocks on your car now, Order that part # from a Koni distributer. The shock will be the same as the ones you have now. The only difference will be the Dinan sticker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh really just the part # huh? So Dinan goes nothing special to these shocks it's Koni.. will look into that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts