Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the all the insight on this website and particularly to Beewang for all his help.

I am set to pick up my 530xi ED on Friday March 24 and planning a week-long trip from there. I need some help and opinions about this itinerary. Am I too ambitious?

3/24--Pickup car and then do factory tour in the afternoon. Staying the night before at the Marriott. Driving to Lucerne that evening after the tour.

3/25, 3/26--In Lucerne staying at the Palace Luzern

3/26--afternoon drive to Milan or Fiesole, need opinions as to where to stay

3/27--visit Pisa

3/28--visit Florence

3/29, 3/30--Siena/Tuscany? need ideas of where to stay

3/31 Friday--Drive from Siena to Munich to drop off car in the afternoon.

4/1 Saturday--Fly home

Any ideas or opinions would certainly help!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
hackman said:
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the all the insight on this website and particularly to Beewang for all his help.

I am set to pick up my 530xi ED on Friday March 24 and planning a week-long trip from there. I need some help and opinions about this itinerary. Am I too ambitious?

3/24--Pickup car and then do factory tour in the afternoon. Staying the night before at the Marriott. Driving to Lucerne that evening after the tour.

3/25, 3/26--In Lucerne staying at the Palace Luzern

3/26--afternoon drive to Milan or Fiesole, need opinions as to where to stay

3/27--visit Pisa

3/28--visit Florence

3/29, 3/30--Siena/Tuscany? need ideas of where to stay

3/31 Friday--Drive from Siena to Munich to drop off car in the afternoon.

4/1 Saturday--Fly home

Any ideas or opinions would certainly help!

Thanks

1. Not sure about distance to Lucerne from Munich. Try to check thru www.viamichelin.com

2. Pass by Pisa on the way to Florence. Its a quick 30 minute stop to see the tower. Public parking lot about 100 meters from the gate. I don't think its worth one full day/night.

3. Stay at Villa Fiesole near Florence

Seems like a lot of driving. Why Lucerne?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arnolds said:
1. Not sure about distance to Lucerne from Munich. Try to check thru www.viamichelin.com

2. Pass by Pisa on the way to Florence. Its a quick 30 minute stop to see the tower. Public parking lot about 100 meters from the gate. I don't think its worth one full day/night.

3. Stay at Villa Fiesole near Florence

Seems like a lot of driving. Why Lucerne?
1) From viamichelin.com it says about a 4hr. drive 371km
2) That sounds good, maybe then a day and half in Florence
3) Thanks for the tip on Villa Fiesole, I've noticed you've recommended that before

Wife wants to see Lucerne, don't think i have much choice :(

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
hackman said:
1) From viamichelin.com it says about a 4hr. drive 371km
2) That sounds good, maybe then a day and half in Florence
3) Thanks for the tip on Villa Fiesole, I've noticed you've recommended that before

Wife wants to see Lucerne, don't think i have much choice :(
Yeah, Villa Fiesole was awesome. We got the garden rooms. We saved about 30% booking thru Expedia instead of direct. Free parking and Bfast too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts