BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

So I am new to car buying and I found a deal on a 06' 330i with ZSP 81k miles. The car was in a wreak and has a salvage title. All repairs have been made (according to the owner), and the car is now in good condition. I know salvage cars can lose up to 50% of their value, and I wanted to know what a good bid for this car would be.

Here is the link:

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/2698517074.html

Please help me out!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
Hi Everyone,

So I am new to car buying and I found a deal on a 06' 330i with ZSP 81k miles. The car was in a wreak and has a salvage title. All repairs have been made (according to the owner), and the car is now in good condition. I know salvage cars can lose up to 50% of their value, and I wanted to know what a good bid for this car would be.

Here is the link:

Please help me out!

Thanks
Something does not sound right about this. EDIT Ask why it was salvaged for "an accident to the left front". Fishy.

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Here is the link:

Please help me out!
Such a deal!!

At that price, in that condition, it's one magic Bimmer....or are those photos from when it was new?

Ask for a comprehensive warranty and guarantee of repairs. What wreck? Where? Police report? Insurance report? Enquiring minds want to know. You should too.

Get nosy....if they fade fast, do same.

Waitaminutehere....might you be the seller pumpin' a buzz?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Such a deal!!

At that price, in that condition, it's one magic Bimmer....or are those photos from when it was new?

Ask for a comprehensive warranty and guarantee of repairs. What wreck? Where? Police report? Insurance report? Enquiring minds want to know. You should too.

Get nosy....if they fade fast, do same.

Waitaminutehere....might you be the seller pumpin' a buzz?
haha, no no I am not the seller! But perhaps you are the owner of this magical bimmer? :p

What do people think of the 50% depreciation after the car has been considered salvage? I might offer the guy $8,000? Or is that a low ball?

172 Posts
well we can all agree it sounded good up until...

fishy seller!! said:
"The price is $13900. This is well below market value.

The car is in excellent condition. The brakes and tires are in great shape and will not require attention anytime soon. The car does have a salvage title from an accident to left front. The airbags were not deployed. I purchased from dealer who repaired the damage. I'm selling because my driving situation has recently changed. That is the reason for such a low price."
a few things.. Excellent Condition? I don't think so.

Salvage Title, Hm that explains the low Price.. :p BUT the air bags DID NOT go off? Car Fax could clear that up...

your driving situation changed? Ask for elaboration on that...

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,905 Posts
haha, no no I am not the seller! But perhaps you are the owner of this magical bimmer? :p

What do people think of the 50% depreciation after the car has been considered salvage? I might offer the guy $8,000? Or is that a low ball?
I'm not sure $8,000 will get it, but I wouldn't give more than $10k - $11k for it. I'm having a hard time imaging a frontal wreck that didn't deploy the air bags, yet caused enough damage that the car was declared a total loss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts