BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help I was driving to work today car just died on me transmission fault restraint fault could not get the car started got it towed home and then the f:mad:cken car started up wit no problem only the restraint light still on If any body near Compton ca. 90222 can register a new battery and reset all this **** that came on and want to make some money on the side let me know car is my daily driver need this fix fast :mad:

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Maybe Contact a member paper he did my battery he know a lot about our cars. An he has code reading tools with the ability to reset certain errors.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Mine did the same thing twice first time i replaced battery at dealer then last Saturday did it again two hours later started fine. Air bag light has also been on

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App

· CRISP & CLEAN
4,718 Posts
I was very happy to drive down & help you
out Bro . I'm just glad I was able to remove
All those airbag faults & the rest of the errors .

Oh & thanks for the generous tip you gave me
For driving all the way down there . Sorry it
Took awhile to get there , but you are not
that close to me .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App

· SideShow activist
438 Posts
Awesome forum!:thumbup:

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Paper would those airbage faults cause a car not to start?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Bimmer App
Yes an NO. If you have a problem with your SBSR module then yes it will keep the car from cranking. What issues are you having?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was very happy to drive down & help you
out Bro . I'm just glad I was able to remove
All those airbag faults & the rest of the errors .

Oh & thanks for the generous tip you gave me
For driving all the way down there . Sorry it
Took awhile to get there , but you are not
that close to me .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Bimmer App
Thanks dude oh about the facelift he sold it he has the 745 parts of his car oh and one more thing my transmission trips at a stop or red light feel like I get rear ended what can we do about that

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Thanks dude oh about the facelift he sold it he has the 745 parts of his car oh and one more thing my transmission trips at a stop or red light feel like I get rear ended what can we do about that

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
That is a problem that has only been completely resolved by replacing the transmission with a new one. I highly doubt you want to go that route so you can,

1. Start with a trans flush an filter change.
2.Look into changing the transmission sealing sleeve and adapter underneth the mechatronic assembly.
3. Software updates at your local Indy.

Good Luck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a problem that has only been completely resolved by replacing the transmission with a new one. I highly doubt you want to go that route so you can,

1. Start with a trans flush an filter change.
2.Look into changing the transmission sealing sleeve and adapter underneth the mechatronic assembly.
3. Software updates at your local Indy.

Good Luck.
what up rookie dumb question whats indy :dunno:

· Registered
3,076 Posts
Independent local Certified Mechanic. Basically any foreign car repair center (That you can trust) outside the dealer. I hope I made it clear LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.