BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some help, how do I hook up my iphone to the round, small earphone jack inside the armrest. I do not have the usb port that I have seen in other e92's. I do have bmw assist and bluetooth with the phone now, I just wanna be able to plug my iphone inside the armrest port to listen to itunes music in the car and change tracks on the steering wheel buttons. Do they make an cord/adapter for this where do I buy it? how much? Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Head to your nearest Radio Shack and you need a male to male stereo audio cable, 1/8 inch if I am not mistaken. $10 or less, may be cheaper other places. You will not be able to control your iPhone w/the steering wheel control with this method, just listen to tunes. You have to manually control your music w/the iPhone.

If you want to control your iPhone music with the steering wheel controls, you need the dealer installed iPod adapter, which is around $300, without labor for the install.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't think it's a e92 thing... Did you order the ipod/usb option with the car? that's the only way you'll get a glove box usb connector that integrates with the steering wheel controls, it will also keep your iphone charged during the trip. (additionally if you have the iphone cradle, it will also allow the phone to access the shark fin antenna for better reception). best to check your order sheet first, if it's there, then tell the dealer to fix it; if not on the sheet, then probably cannot be done without good deal of effort...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.