BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did my brakes and rotors a few weeks ago I took a good look at my tires, which until lately have been nicely coated with road salt/snow/etc. I've got the original ContiTouringContact 205/55's 16's that were issued to the car.

Just recently I've been getting a lot more vibration and road noise, so I checked them over again.......3 out of 4 tires have bubbles. I was hoping to score some new 18" rims for a dedicated summer set, but other obligations have come up and I'm stuck with these for a bit longer. After some research I'm going to take the performance hit and put on All Seasons. I've been looking at a few, let me know what you think. I'm looking at a cost/durability/performance comparison. The Conti's I had on there were sufficient for my driving on the mortar scarred roads of NJ.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position RE960AS

I saw the Falken FK-452 mentioned but I'm pretty sure those are summer tires, am I incorrect?

Anyhow let me know what you think of between the candidates. If it makes a difference in the cost, I don't have to pay for mounting/balance/alignment. Any help is appreciated.

·
Little Miss Ry
1,169 Posts
I really like the michelin's look. Can't ind 'em to see the bridgestones.

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I've been living on tire rack and the fest searching for opinions.

I was looking for my current tires so I could do a comparison of tire rack ranking to what I'm familiar with, but couldn't seem to find it. That being said the tires on my car are 4yrs old and may not even be made. The tires I have lasted my approx 52k and I'd like the next choice to last as well.

ContiTouringContact 205/55 R16 91H. There's also an EcoPlus marking on the tire, but it is different from the current ecoplus?:dunno:

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
The tires I have lasted my approx 52k and I'd like the next choice to last as well.

ContiTouringContact 205/55 R16 91H. There's also an EcoPlus marking on the tire, but it is different from the current ecoplus?:dunno:
Neither the Michelin nor the Bridgestoes you mentioned will last 52k miles. They're biased toward traction rather than tire life (which is absolutely the right decision IMO).

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Hey Gryph,

Check NEXEN, they make a dang good tire and there all season is nice and cheap. I bought the summer high performance ones and only paid $233 INSTALLED (for 225-40-18's) and they are as good in the grip world as my michelin pilots were. Those Koreans make a good tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts