BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all. I have decided to join the forum as I am about to become a first time buyer of a BMW. I have owned Lexus vehicles for over 25 years. There is just nothing that Lexus has now that excites me nor do I like the color choices. I like things that are different and especially like driving something that most do not have especially when it comes to the exterior color. I have a 2007 Lexus SC 430 in Tiger Eye Mica. I waited a year for this car to arrive in that color and I am the only one driving that color anywhere near Baton Rouge. Ok enough of my introduction. Long story short..I am looking at an Individual 650i. BMW has agreed to paint the car(at an upcharge) another color other than the 3 choices that are given for an Individual 650i. I like the brown family of colors. On the color chart Citrin Black offered on a 750i has a brownish hue to it. Has anyone seen it in person? Also Sepang Bronze (hope I spelled that right) is a nice color in the M6 family. Right now those are my 2 top considerations. I would love to hear from those who may have seen these colors first hand and your observations as well as from those who may know of other colors in the brown family in other models. Thank you guys for your help in advance and I look forward to becoming a BMW owner here soon.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
So funny! I can relate. I was a diehard Lexus owner - 4 cars in 10 years and saw the 6-Series convertible in `05 and fell in love. Test drove the 6 and gave up my `04 SC430 on the spot. Long story short, went from an `05 CPO 645Cic to an `07 650i to the M6 and couldn't be happier. As you can see, I have the Sepang Bronze. This colour definitely turns heads!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Go with the Sepang Bronze man. That is just one of the best colors on the 6. Love the black though but the Sepang Bronze is such a unique color. Welcome to the 6 world :thumbup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses. I thought I would have gotten some more. I was hoping someone with some knowledge of Citrin Black would have stepped forward but I appreciate you guys who voiced your opinion. Thanks again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
you might want to try the m6board forums as well for feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
650I Individual

I have also been checking out the 650i individual (Vert). I am interested in the Ruby Black or Diopside Black for the exterior with either the Cohiba Brown or Cinnamon Interior. There are a few challenges with my combinations.

1. Outside of Ruby Black the Diopside black (its actually green) and the Interior colors are not offered on the BMW site. How difficult is it to get my options met (lets say a Diopside Black with the Cinnamon Interior (and the Cinnamon Interior is only offered on the X6M).

2, Does this combination fall under a priority one order and what is the upcharge.

I live in Silver Spring Md so my question is who is the best dealer (for those of you in the DC area) to negotiate or actually get what I am looking for in regard to the color specs?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I was a huge lexus guy and still own 2 now a RX350(wifes) and gave my (dad) my GS430 MODS LIKE CRAZY could not let it go but I must tell you the 6 is a great car handling is the best roomy,sounds great and sexy you cant go wrong and I have to say service it pretty good too didnt thing they would but very good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can understand

I too drove a Lexus SC430. I too enjoy being different. I had a Twilight Amyethest Pearl Coat Metalic SC430 and just like you there wasn't another anywhere around Baton Rouge! I now have a Chiaretto Red 6 series with Chateau seats. And yes once again there isn't any other ones around Baton Rouge. It's such a different color that when I first brought it to Brian Harris BMW for service they thought I had custom painted the car! They said they had never seen the color before. So if you are driving around Baton Rouge you won't see any Sepang Bronze 6 series, as a matter of fact I've only seen maybe 4 6 series here. I hope you get that color its truly spectacular.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Well Well...what do you know... a fellow Louisiana person....Hi Kim...I too drove the twilight amethyst SC when it first came out and loved the rarity of the color. I see you are like me and want something different. Baton Rouge really isnt that big and you sorta know when you have something no one else has. Your 650 is fine. I have not seen that color at all on the roads. Like you I do not see that many 650s either here in Baton Rouge. I have struggled with the decision between Sepang and Citrin Black and while I know Sepang is pretty, I have settled on Citrin Black. The color is actually in the brown family with some beautiful multi colored flakes. The technology for the finish and that color is what has steered me too that choice too plus in the sun the big color sample is awesome. I am just waiting word on the request to reverse the stitching on the dash and seats and I am set. The ok has been given (with a price) to paint the car Citrin Black despite that is an individual color on the 750 and now all that awaits is an answer on the interior. Thanks for your input and hope to see your car in person one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts