Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I saw this one this morning too. Very nice, however, I've been use to automatic, so would pass on the 6 speed. Bet it goes around $18k+. I currently have a '05 ZHP conv. & love it. Had it since 2012 & 70k miles. Miles are good on this one BUT doesn't give any maintenance work done and all rubber & plastic stuff will need to be replaced, IMO. Ask about: VANOS rebuilt, DISA history, Cooling refurbishment, VC replacement. I can almost guarantee you will need to replace these due to age not miles. Been there, done it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw this one this morning too. Very nice, however, I've been use to automatic, so would pass on the 6 speed. Bet it goes around $18k+. I currently have a '05 ZHP conv. & love it. Had it since 2012 & 70k miles. Miles are good on this one BUT doesn't give any maintenance work done and all rubber & plastic stuff will need to be replaced, IMO. Ask about: VANOS rebuilt, DISA history, Cooling refurbishment, VC replacement. I can almost guarantee you will need to replace these due to age not miles. Been there, done it.
Will ask right now

·
Registered
971 Posts
IMO, If I wanted to replace mine, this would be a good one to bid on.
20160828_144153.jpg

·
Registered
971 Posts
Is that one for sale?
No...Sorry, I was just letting you see that I did in fact have one. Bought it back in '12 with 25K on it in FL, Have 94k on it & do all my own maintenance work. I just replaced the starter, Intake gaskets, CCV system since it was off for the starter replacement, cleaned TB & ICV, replaced vacuum hoses, replaced injector O-rings, found oil in spark plug wells, so pulled VC, replaced plugs, VC gasket, & rebuilt VANOS. The car is a blast to drive. I rebuilt cooling system back at 75K & had to replace the thermostat due to bad heater element (replaced by FCPEuro)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Just be aware of the maintenance that will be needed as these cars age! Also, I don't care for the Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. They get 'greasy'. A lot where replaced by 1st owners as they got gummy, with the newer style perforated leather steering wheels. Just an FYI. It's your preference & my opinion. Each to there own.

·
Registered
971 Posts
So is that a No, especially @$17,500?
I'm not saying that. I'm just trying to inform you on what I see or don't see on this auction. It's a very nice care & I wouldn't hesitate bidding on it knowing the possibilities of what's a head for it. It's a 15 year old car with 55k miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was thinking $17k was a little too much so I am kind of glad someone else bid over me. I am just getting my feet wet and getting useto the going prices on these cars.
Got to wait for a correct car to come up that a number of wear items are taken care of before I jump in so I can at least enjoy the car for a period of time before it needs work.

·
Registered
422 Posts
$20k isn’t insane for the car, especially on BaT.

If you are buying used you cannot be worried about every little thing. Even if they give full maintenance records you will still find things that need to be replaced/updated.

If you are looking for a deal, don’t look on BaT. Look on local classifieds, i.e. Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just as a reference point, I purchased my 325Ci convertible 5 speed with 80k miles for $11,900. Dealer (used cars) reworked front suspension due to some damage, new battery, replaced right side window actuator, new rear brake pads, and refinished the wheels. Extensive CarFax service records. No damage/accident history. Only issue was the instrument right know inoperative and cannot set clock. I looked a the various on line sites (cafax, cargurus, etc) for six weeks before I found this one in San Diego. Local car, never titled or used outside of California. So the $17k seems a bit high to me. First Series 3, after owning a 2000 Z3 for three years.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,047 Posts
Sign o` the times....IMHO, pristine, unmolested ZHPs such as this will continue to command impressive prices, much like the "Clownshoe" coupes of 20 years ago. Supply and demand, ya know....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts