BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the 3 push clips for the upper radiato hose on a 1999 Bmw 323i. the 2 large and 1 small that fits the fill reservoir.
the bmw parts dealer says i have to buy the whole hose $59 with tax i guess. they are not sold alone.
I have tried all the usual parts stores, and even some service centers that may have an old hose laying around.
Anybody have these?

Thanks,
Chris.

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
are you talking the metal clips that are on the end of the rad hose??? I would like to know how you lost them in the first place....and second I prolly have a old hose laying around somewhere with them still on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tensioner pulley went bad, I had it towed to my mechanic and couldn't afford the fix at the time. just recently fixed it myself, but they returned it to me without the clips...the mechanic towed it home to me at his expense so i didn't want to complain to him

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts

·
25,199 Posts
I should have noted that I re-used the picture from that hose-removal DIY.

Of course, I later "invented" a better way (the right way) to remove the hose!

Your mechanic should have read that DIY! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm guessing the mechanic had no idea HOW to remove BMW hoses! :)
- How do you safely remove the upper radiator hose with u-pins?

No.
The shop has worked on it before, they have 1 guy there that they let do the bmw, because he has the experience for those types.
I think because the car sat there a few days, they just shipped it back and the mechanic probably didn't care to put it back together properly. maybe he thought I'd be back soon, or sometimes i guess guys get mad they lose the work on it, because the radiator and fan shroud is loose on it too so i still need to look around and find if it is mounted with screws or what. Don't know diddly about my BMW but I am here to learn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, to remove mine i removed the air filter housing to get to the hose easier, and then using a flat blade screwdriver, very gently because of the plastic, i pried it away from radiator side and cupped my hand over the thermostat housing side and twisted as i pulled, gently also. Mine was stuck pretty good but i got it off. I also greased the end fittings to get it back on, it was being tough.

·
25,199 Posts

·
25,199 Posts
We have the entire North American Parts Catalog LIVE
Hi Joe,
I'm shocked I was unaware of this as I've been trying to maintain a bestlinks for newbies for obtaining all parts and "nominal" prices.

This is wonderful; and I'll add it to the best links right now.
- BMW phantom diagrams (1) & nominal prices by part number (1) & EACTuning prices by part number (1) labor rates by zip code (1) (2) (3) where to find a good mechanic (1) (2) joining BMWCCA (1) (2) & finding a reputable BMW indy in your area (1) (2).

One question: Are the results in 'nominal' prices (as in Realoem) or are they actual prices (as in that's what 'you' will sell them for)?

Attachments

·
Noone Special
684 Posts
If any of you guys have the clip that holds the MAF wire on, please let me know!!
I need one for the MAF connection as well. I'll be happy to paypal somebody a buck or two for one. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's lost one of these.
Anyone that pays attension to this forum knows I do usaully post without reading the fill thread. So with myself in true form there is one of the clips for maf on it way to florida. I will look for another one if noone speaks up having more and one of you two can get the one I sent to chris today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread and that I also I'm a noob to this forum but I really need that clips that goes on the smaller hose on the overflow tank. I was just wondering if any of you might have one laying around. Like the original post I checked with the dealer but they want $65 for the hose. I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

Also this is my first post and this is for my first BMW, I have owned two Fox bodies before the BMW hence the username. So if one of you happen to have any questions I'll be more than happy to help. Oh and I'm also a former Summit Racing employee so I know a little about muscle cars and so forth so on.

If anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.