BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to buy a certified 04 325 i with sport pkg and comfort pkg. My question is I thought the wheels would be the 17" variety, but the car has the 7 spoke 16" wheels with all season continental contracts on. The car only has 10,000 miles and is in great shape, but I don't want to get ripped off if someone switched the wheels.

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
The sports package should have the 17" 5-spoke rims with sport-wheels on them.

The car may not even have the sports package in it. One quick way is to look at the seats.

If you have a link that you could post of this car (pictures, etc) maybe someone tell you what exactly maybe wrong.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it has the sports pkg, the window sticker lists it, and it has the sports seats in leather. The steering wheel also looks sports compared to the other 04's that were next to it. Is there a way to tell from the vin#, I have that, but the car is too far away for me to get pics and tomorrow I am going over there hopefully to buy it.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
banddr2 said:
I think it has the sports pkg, the window sticker lists it, and it has the sports seats in leather. The steering wheel also looks sports compared to the other 04's that were next to it. Is there a way to tell from the vin#, I have that, but the car is too far away for me to get pics and tomorrow I am going over there hopefully to buy it.
Any dealer can look up the VIN and tell you.. Perhaps you could call a dealer other than the one selling it.

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
banddr2 said:
I meant a link with the website of the dealer selling. Usually dealers will post pictures of cars they are selling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My guess - the previous owner didn't like the stiffness of the sport pkg, so he thought switching out for the original rims would smooth it out. If it still has the factory sheet (check the documents in the glove box. Might be lurking around in there), then you'll know off that for sure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses, the deal acknowledged that the wheels were incorrect for the package and the sales mgr was irritated as if she know who did it when the car was originally purchased. They have an 05 loaner whith the correct wheels they will swap if they are in perfect condition or else they will swap when the next car comes in that they send off to auction. I bought the car and coming from a 97 passat it is AWSOME:thumbup:

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
banddr2 said:
Thanks for the responses, the deal acknowledged that the wheels were incorrect for the package and the sales mgr was irritated as if she know who did it when the car was originally purchased. They have an 05 loaner whith the correct wheels they will swap if they are in perfect condition or else they will swap when the next car comes in that they send off to auction. I bought the car and coming from a 97 passat it is AWSOME:thumbup:
:rofl: The sales manager is so irritated that she fixes the problem by taking the wheels off of another car, hoping that the person who buys that car doesn't notice!!

Anyway....nice job!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts