Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Clem said:
Where are there ACS dealers in areas with no VAT?

TIA
in the European community no chance.

But why VAT ? Tell them to 'export' the parts (w/o VAT in that case) and you import them. In that case you need to pay the Canadian VAT (if there's any, don't know)

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Re: Re: Need some European info....................

Alex Baumann said:

But why VAT ? Tell them to 'export' the parts (w/o VAT in that case) and you import them. In that case you need to pay the Canadian VAT (if there's any, don't know)

We call it GST here... and it's evil.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Need some European info....................

bol said:
We call it GST here... and it's evil.
yes, but don't understand Clem's question. If he needs ACS parts w/o VAT, it's shouldn't be a problem. :confused:

this way or the other, you'll pay (with exceptions ;) ) the VAT or GST. And scary part is it's calculated on C+F (cost+freight) :tsk:

·
Crazy Canadian
1,095 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some European info....................

Alex Baumann said:

yes, but don't understand Clem's question. If he needs ACS parts w/o VAT, it's shouldn't be a problem. :confused:

this way or the other, you'll pay (with exceptions ;) ) the VAT or GST. And scary part is it's calculated on C+F (cost+freight) :tsk:

and he'll probably have to pay customs and brokerage fees when he brings it back into the country...

however if ACS stuff is cheap enough there it still might work out to be a better deal :p

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
@Clem

just received an info :

The tuning parts (not engine tuning) for ACS are manufactured by Kohl-Automobile GmbH, Aachen , FYI. Don't know how reliable the info is, I'll double-check it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Need some European info....................

Alex Baumann said:

True, the stuff I have recently en route was ordered/purchased for me by an individual who had to pay VAT. I guess if I found someplace that would be willing to ship to Canada they could do it w/o charging me the VAT

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alex Baumann said:
@Clem

just received an info :

The tuning parts (not engine tuning) for ACS are manufactured by Kohl-Automobile GmbH, Aachen , FYI. Don't know how reliable the info is, I'll double-check it.
I heard the same. ACS is supposed to be a division of Kohl-Automobile GmbH, Aachen from what I hear

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Need some European info....................

Clem said:
True, the stuff I have recently en route was ordered/purchased for me by an individual who had to pay VAT. I guess if I found someplace that would be willing to ship to Canada they could do it w/o charging me the VAT
Here comes some bad new for you Clem. :mad:

Unless you can provide a company's EU VAT number (you can't because you don't work for or own a firm in the EU) when you place an order from another country, you will always have to pay the VAT. The % depends on the country.

ONLY companies within the European Union with a VAT number can order merchandise from a company in another EU country and NOT pay VAT. The idea being that when the merchandise is sold forward, the local VAT will be charged. There are tax status T-1 and T-2.

If you order something from Germany and have it sent to Canada, you will suffer. Canadian Customs for some reason, is as you say, evil. I think that if the value of the goods including freight/shipping exceeds $50CND, you will get whacked for both import duties (% depends on the goods that you are importing) and GST (whatever that is in Alberta). Double taxation is ugly.

If however, your friend that ordered the ACS stuff for you removed the invoices, re-packed the parts in a box that had no labels on it from the company that you ordered from and placed his own Customs form on the package explaining that the value of the goods is $20CND ... you might get away with it. This is of course known as fraud, and I would never suggest to anyone that they try to stiff the Federal Government (of any country) out of the tax revenue it needs to do things like find out who it was that financed the building of the Pyramids. Or other worthy ways to spend tax income that "they" deem is good. :confused:

Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts