BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hit a tree a long time back and i took off my bumper and well the bumper spring went in to the framing of the car and now i dont know what to do for a bumper some one help
[/URL][/IMG]]

bmw e30 tree hit bumper

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
go see if the frame is bent before you make any rash decisions.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not bent i know that for sure but im goin to keep the car just only cuz i love my bmw lol

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
then go with what anstead said, get a fake MT2 front bumper... or a real one if you can afford it... not only will your car look newer and cooler, but you wont have to worry about mounting a diving board back to that screwed up mount

·
Straight Bimmin
1,060 Posts
then go with what anstead said, get a fake MT2 front bumper... or a real one if you can afford it... not only will your car look newer and cooler, but you wont have to worry about mounting a diving board back to that screwed up mount
MT2 front bumper with DB rear? :confused:

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
haha im kinda rocking that dont hate... mines like a really short diving board thats molded around the front, and a painted DB in the rear

·
Straight Bimmin
1,060 Posts
If the rear DB is tucked and painted it wouldn't look bad but i think a stock painted DB sticks out too far and would look awkward with a MT2

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well see that the thing my car is a 1989 that has a salvage title at the time i got the car i didnt know any thing about the bumpers till i got it home

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i've seen your car somewhere before. so it has plastic rear and metal front? very strange.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
This idea may seem very stupid but you can try it. Get the mounting bracket for a plastic bumper. Actually get 2 and a plastic front or whatever front bumper you want (you will have to stick with it). Hammer that frame rail back to a usable rail like the passenger side. get the mount for the plastic/whatever bumper you want to run and place it as best you can like the passenger side and throw a couple tack welds in there. should hold and you might be able to hit the tack welds off if need be later down the road.

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
worst idea ever. tack welding is neve meant as a structural support and your umper would most likely fall off while driving. if you cut back your rail(which is a bad idea to begin with) get someone to fully weld on a new front piece so you dont have to rig any hazardouse parts to your front end .. because if i was driving behind your car and your bumper fell off and destroyed my car id be pissed.

in the pictures you posted the bumper is bent down and in .. seemingly bending the frame. get it checked by an actual shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts