BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car a week ago blew off the water pump, making the serpentine belt to broke as well
I’ve fixed the serpentine belt and the water pump with no problems

after fixing it Honestly I don’t know what happened; I was driving the car and suddenly the car turned off
I turned it back on and the car started to idle and sounded like a diesel truck Turned off immediately
scan the car with an obd2 for my phone and popped up the following codes

P0102- Can't measure airflow
P0444- Evaporative Emission control purge control valve
P1087- O2 sensor circuit slow response in lean control
P1342 and P1344 Misfire in Cylinder 1 and 2
P0300 Combustion Misfires several cylinders

I replaced the ignition coils on the cylinders and cleared the codes
after it
The car after driving it for 10 minutes started to have the same issues
the code that popped up this time was

I know the car has a vacuum leak that comes from the CCV cus it's leaking Oil but I don't know if that's the matter

Please help
I'm learning, a student as well and was supposed to be my daily I bought the car no longer than 2 weeks ago

BMW 325ci 2002 - With apparently 74.000 miles on the dash

Attachments

·
Need for Speed
588 Posts
You should replace the CCV hose and maybe even the valve and other hoses, so get the kit.
With the hose cracked, you have a vacuum leak.
When the belt broke, it might have damaged some wiring, or the electrical connectors and or wiring are still wet with coolant, I would look into that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Did you check to see if coolant got down around spark plugs? When hoses blow and spray the engine when it is fully warmed up that often happens. The misfire results from steam forming in spark plug well after engine warms and boils the coolant/water mix. You can blow te coolant out if it is there but the plugs need to be removed and coolant residue washed away and plugs dried before reinstalling them.

·
RayMondo
600 Posts
My car a week ago blew off the water pump, making the serpentine belt to broke as well
I’ve fixed the serpentine belt and the water pump with no problems

after fixing it Honestly I don’t know what happened; I was driving the car and suddenly the car turned off
I turned it back on and the car started to idle and sounded like a diesel truck Turned off immediately
scan the car with an obd2 for my phone and popped up the following codes

P0102- Can't measure airflow
P1087- O2 sensor circuit slow response in lean control
P1342 and P1344 Misfire in Cylinder 1 and 2
P0300 Combustion Misfires several cylinders

I replaced the ignition coils on the cylinders and cleared the codes
after it
The car after driving it for 10 minutes started to have the same issues
the code that popped up this time was

I know the car has a vacuum leak that comes from the CCV cus it's leaking Oil but I don't know if that's the matter

Please help
I'm learning, a student as well and was supposed to be my daily I bought the car no longer than 2 weeks ago

BMW 325ci 2002 - With apparently 74.000 miles on the dash
Read the fuel trim values .
Long term and short term. Sometimes called fuel adaptation values mixture and multiplicative.
That will tell you how big your leak is.
Check the purge valve that's hanging underneath the intake manifold at the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts