BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2001 X5
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago i got this very annoying creeking sound from my rear suspension(driver side) anytime im driving slow i hear it and when i walk in our out i can hear it, if i go to the rear bumper and push it down and up u can clearly hear it. My mechanic told me that it was my upper control arm..so we changed it, the noise stoped for 2-3 days then came back...then out of the blue the noise went away and i didnt hear it until about 3 weeks ago. I am puzzled that a 2001 x5 would be like this... i didnt expect this from a BMW my parents have a 1990 HONDA and the suspension is great. Very dissapointing. Any information would be greatly apprectiated. :tsk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
rear suspension

I have thesame problem on mine same year 01 I reolace pasenger side and now i think i need the driver's side 'coz i can hear some noise now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same problem on the passenger side of my 2010 x5 35d. I dropped it off at the dealer today to get it fixed. I had a similar problem on a 06 530 and that simply needed to get a bolt tightened.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Z4 sometimes has a creaking sound from the left rear tire when I get in/out. My old SA told me it was the parking break and BMWs just do that :(

Pretty lame, but it drives great and I can live with it. Plus, I don't want to pay for a slough of tests to maybe come up with an answer at this point since I am now out of warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts