BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive recently bought my '92 E360
in the idea to turbo it
so i need some help finding a kit or if anyone has one they would like to sell let me know

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
E36, not E360. What engine do you have?

And, do NOT turbo it until you've done all the maintenance and gotten it in perfect shape, and run an oil analysis.

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
:dunno:

Uhh if you are looking for a turbo or supercharger, go look at horsepowerfreaks. They got the best one for bmw's IMO. Dont get anything of ebay, you get half of a universal kit with an intercooler that won't fit.

·
2B1ASK1[GLOP]-RSL151
1,294 Posts
So ive recently bought my '92 E360
in the idea to turbo it
so i need some help finding a kit or if anyone has one they would like to sell let me know
Welcome Aboard! I think your 92 E36 is a good candidate for turbo. Keep us posted!

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
Aww you're so sweet to the new guy! :rofl:

I hope plans on keeping this car until it dies, this will be alot of money that will not make the value of the car rise, all that money being spent, might as well buy a m3

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
I still don't understand why everyone says "get an M3". E36 M3's are hardly fast by today's standards, sorry. If he wants a turbo and quick car, a non-M is a cheap place to start if he grenades the whole thing, and he can easily make it quicker than an M-car if he wants to do it right. It won't handle as well as an M, but it's still a good place to start. If I were to go back to an E36, I'd probably get a non-M and go FI. :dunno:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yes i have all the mantines done , well a grand later haha
yeah i looked on ebay and it dosent seem to be relible kit at all
and yeah im deffently going to keep it tell she spills blood if i do this

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
E36, not E360. What engine do you have?

And, do NOT turbo it until you've done all the maintenance and gotten it in perfect shape, and run an oil analysis.
Thats good, check out horsepower freaks.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Good to hear :thumbup:. You still haven't said what engine - is it a 318, 320, 323, 325 or 328?

Check out the Active Autowerks kit. It's on there. Also, have you considered superchargers? VF makes a great kit (vfengineering.com).

·
2B1ASK1[GLOP]-RSL151
1,294 Posts
From HP Freaks: You will need a lot of Money. I saw a Dinan equipped E46 M3 with 90K miles for $17K the other day. So the question is, is it worth the money? Or just get an E46 M3.

(93-95) BMW 325 OBD I-Stage 1 $8,700.00 TKIT 01
(93-95) BMW 325 OBD I-Stage 2 $10,900.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i would love to turbo it but im thinking if i do , its going to have to be supercharged , ill just do the bigger supercharge upgrand and bigger incooler upgrade

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
That's true, but AA is a damn solid kit.

Well, in all honesty, it's not that hard to piece together a good kit if you're familiar with turbos. You can get a good turbo on it's own, pick up a good intercooler, get your WG, BOV, lines, etc etc, have a company do all the piping mandrel bent, and have it dyno tuned. Grab a wideband, boost controller, and turbo timer and call it a day. But I know AA does good work and you literally can't go wrong with their products.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Just keep in mind, you're dealing with a low-torque 2.5L engine, don't go too big on the turbo or you'll get massive lag. And unless you're on an upgraded HG and possibly internals, keep the boost low. I wouldn't go over 8ish PSI on a stock engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts