BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are clears

Sorry I am a newbe to Bimmer and i am sorry if i sound stupid asking this. But what are CLEARs????

I also see Metalic Clutch, gas padels and brakes on some of the pictures people post here. Do they come standard with Sports Package or we have to get them installed saperately. If yes then how much would they cost. They really look coooooolll

Thanks

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: what are clears

desiguyincali said:
Sorry I am a newbe to Bimmer and i am sorry if i sound stupid asking this. But what are CLEARs????
Clear front, side, and tail turn signal light covers instead of the amber/orange color plastic.

I also see Metalic Clutch, gas padels and brakes on some of the pictures people post here. Do they come standard with Sports Package or we have to get them installed saperately. If yes then how much would they cost. They really look coooooolll
They are not standard equipment. Several manufacturers sell them, but I haven't any idea of price.

·
•••••••
16,117 Posts
The first two I'd recommend are the M3 Steering Wheel (SO much better) and UUC Swaybarbarians.

Both will make an incredible difference in the feel of the car... for the better.

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts
Plaz said:
The first two I'd recommend are the M3 Steering Wheel (SO much better) and UUC Swaybarbarians.

Both will make an incredible difference in the feel of the car... for the better.
I'll second the suggestion for the M Steering Wheel and you can have it installed right after you pick up your car over at the BMW dealership im Munich, Neiderlassung, for less than you'll buy it in the US and they only charged $22 to put it in. If interested PM me and I'll give you details.

·
10,856 Posts
desiguyincali said:
BTW what are UUC Swaybarbarians. ...............
UUC have found a large village of barbarians and have trained them to assist the performance of the car. You simply seat two of them in the back seat, and whenever you corner hard, they'll sway in the opposite direction of the turn, hence helping to keep your car level in the corners. :D Just kidding, of course.

www.uucmotorwerks.com

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

UUC have found a large village of barbarians and have trained them to assist the performance of the car. You simply seat two of them in the back seat, and whenever you corner hard, they'll sway in the opposite direction of the turn, hence helping to keep your car level in the corners.
They require way too much maintenance, though. If you don't keep them well looked after...:eek:

Funny how you're just dying to get Barbarians in your backseat, Nick...:confused: (Fruitcup!)

·
Banned
9,901 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
UUC have found a large village of barbarians and have trained them to assist the performance of the car. You simply seat two of them in the back seat, and whenever you corner hard, they'll sway in the opposite direction of the turn, hence helping to keep your car level in the corners.
While the UUC barbarians are indeed a quality product, they're unfortunately skinny Europeans from Romania that smoke alot and tend to leave a mess of butts on the rear floor.

For just a little more, the AC Schnitzer barbarians are a much better deal. Genuine 100% overfed Tongan Warriors, they outweigh the UUC Swaybarbarians by 3:1, thereby making their weight shifts much more effective in turns. Due to their size, however, they are not suitable for convertibles.

Also, the care and feeding of the ACS barbs runs about 3:1 over the UUC's, which may also be a consideration for cost of ownership. On the other hand, with a pair of ACS barbs, no jack is needed for the DIYer to get his car on stands.

·
10,856 Posts
It's also important to note that the AC Schnitzer Barbarians are not suitable for normally aspirated cars.

:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.