BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Hope you are having a good day.
I need to activate the road sign radar for a 2015 BMW X3. (so that I can see the signs on the instrument cluster)
This is the VIN: 5UXWX9C59F0D58449
I have been told that I need FSC codes. but I am not sure What I exactly need to do.

Can anyone guide me on what I need to do?
my whtsapp num is: 00989177187897

Regards

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
In order for road sign data to appear in your head up display or instrument cluster...you need option code S8THA Road Sign Detection. Running your VIN through a decoder...that option isn't listed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Road signs detection

Mine has S8THA Road Sign Detection.

VIN# WBAWY510600A42428

What do I need in order to activate it is this dependent on the country where I live in + the navigation or it is done with the camera in the windshield mirror?

I have just ordered a eNET and ESYS

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Mine has S8THA Road Sign Detection.

VIN# WBAWY510600A42428

What do I need in order to activate it is this dependent on the country where I live in + the navigation or it is done with the camera in the windshield mirror?

I have just ordered a eNET and ESYS
This should be in your owners manual...but in case you don't have one...go into iDrive. Scroll down to SETTINGS. Then look for INFO DISPLAY...then select SPEED LIMIT INFORMATION (or something similar).

EDIT: I went online and googled for a PDF version of an X3 owners manual. It appears the instructions on how to turn on road side detection (aka speed limit detection) starts on page 83 and continues over to page 84. See a screen capture of those two pages below:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Did it work?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,529 Posts

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
250 Posts
In looking at the X3 owner's manual pdf, I have never seen the "no passing info" appearing on my heads up display. It's possible that I've never encountered those signs or the camera in my system is not fully functioning. Anyone getting that "no passing info" on their vehicle? BTW, the system reads the speed limit signs just fine, unless I happen on one of those illuminated speed signs that can be changed according to road and/or traffic conditions.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
In looking at the X3 owner's manual pdf, I have never seen the "no passing info" appearing on my heads up display. It's possible that I've never encountered those signs or the camera in my system is not fully functioning. Anyone getting that "no passing info" on their vehicle? BTW, the system reads the speed limit signs just fine, unless I happen on one of those illuminated speed signs that can be changed according to road and/or traffic conditions.
Have you ever seen a NO PASSING sign in your part of the country (on the streets you drive)? I ask because in most urban areas you don't usually see these signs. In large urban cores...no passing zones are usually just a solid yellow line. :)

I run across them here every-now-and-then on 2-lane rural state or US routes. Its usually in an area where there's a long curve or upcoming hill on a 2-lane route that trucks use a lot to access small cities/towns when there's no federal interstate highway.

The Pennant Shaped Sign is Always on the Left Side

The pennant shaped sign is always yellow and always placed on the left side of the road. It has the text “No Passing Zone” and marks the beginning of an area where you cannot pass other vehicles on left side of the road.

If you look over to the right-hand side of the road you will see the black and white “Do Not Pass” sign. The two signs supplement each other.

Why are Two Signs Necessary?

The purpose of the yellow pennant-shaped sign is to make the no-passing zone more visible from a distance. With cars in front of you, it’s not always possible to have a clear view of the black-and-white sign on your right.

The yellow pennant-shaped sign is placed where more emphasis is needed.​

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Perhaps I was misunderstood. Yes, there are no passing signs and zones in my state, but the owner's manual pdf (above) seems to say that the heads-up display should provide "speed limit detection with no passing information". My previous comment mentions that my heads up does post speed limits (for the most part) as I drive down a road, but I've have never seen it display "no passing information". I asked if any other folks on this blog might have seen no passing indications on their heads up displays. Thanks nevertheless for your response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts