BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first "low oil level warning, add one quart" this AM on the way to work. I carry a quart of Mobil 1 0w40 so I can top it off before I head home tonight. My question is I'm scheduled to get my oil changed tomorrow AM and won't drive 125 miles before I take the car in (the window for adding oil in the manual)...any concern w/ just waiting until the oil change tomorrow? I'm inclined to go ahead and top it off but thought I'd check and see if people had thoughts...

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
You are as cheap as I am .... maybe worse .... probably OK but why not put in 1/2 of your reserve quart and keep the other half ....

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are as cheap as I am .... maybe worse .... probably OK but why not put in 1/2 of your reserve quart and keep the other half ....
Hey, I resent that! :)

Being cheap isn't the issue...I should have mentioned that I send oil samples to Blackstone labs after each change for analysis. Perhaps the question is - if I add oil will it impact the results of the oil analysis? I should probably just email Blackstone...

· Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,447 Posts
Hey, I resent that! :)

Being cheap isn't the issue...I should have mentioned that I send oil samples to Blackstone labs after each change for analysis. Perhaps the question is - if I add oil will it impact the results of the oil analysis? I should probably just email Blackstone...
Yes, it will change the Blackstone analysis results.

For <100 miles, I probably wouldn't add it. But, then again, my wife is convinced my last name is Lithuanian for "you miserable cheap SOB". ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.