Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

So I would like to get a 428i or 430i coupe and i want the manual transmission. I also want a 2016 model so as to get the best warranty (4 year/50000 mi). For manual trannies, I know there are a limited number,
and I would like certain options for color, packages, wheels, etc...

I'm thinking my best option is to custom order from the factory? So how would i go about this? Contact my local dealer and ask them to custom order one for me?

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The warranty is the same for either year (though free maintenance is different), but only the 428 is available for 2016.

BMW Monrovia and McKenna each have one according to Cars.com. I don't think there are any 2017 430i/MT's that have landed yet.

Hi guys,

So I would like to get a 428i or 430i coupe and i want the manual transmission. I also want a 2016 model so as to get the best warranty (4 year/50000 mi).

I'm thinking my best option is to custom order from the factory? So how would i go about this? Contact my local dealer and ask them to custom order one for me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I think i might have seen those models too on edmunds. I forgot to put in my post i was looking for some specific options packages and colors - i'm a little flexible, but I dont want to pay an extra 3k for a package i dont even want, like the nav package.

And i thought for new 2017 models, the warranty was reduced to 3 year/ 36000 mi?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for the info - I think i might have seen those models too on edmunds. I forgot to put in my post i was looking for some specific options packages and colors - i'm a little flexible, but I dont want to pay an extra 3k for a package i dont even want, like the nav package.

And i thought for new 2017 models, the warranty was reduced to 3 year/ 36000 mi?
That is the maintenance...not the warranty.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,746 Posts
You can't order a 2016. An order will have to be a 2017. To get what you want you're right, you're going to need to order. Warranty is 4/50. Included maintenance is 3/36.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was in your position in July of this year. Unfortunately they stopped making 2016s about 2 weeks before I went in. At that time there were 7 2016 428i manuals in the US, none of which matched my specifications. I know one has sold since then but I can't say beyond that. If you are as particular about specs as you say, a 2017 is probably your only option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts