BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So i found this brand new unicla AC compressor on ebay and was going to buy it until i cross referenced the OEM part number they list with REALOEM.com and found they were different. item number = 280221458336

Then i went to pelican parts and looked up the part number that realoem lists, and pelican says it was superseded to another part number, which, again, is different than what's on ebay.

ebay ad part # = 64528390741
real oem part # = 64528390228
superseded to = 64528385714

Now, normally i would say that that was a definitive answer for the fact that the part on ebay will not fit, but the guy on ebay lists out all the bmw years and version that it will fit, and mine is definitely in there (95 318i with prod date of 11/94)

So i guess i need some direction.. should i take a chance with the ebay one? What do you think? are the ac compressors all the same from 03/94 - 99? i think that's what i read somewhere.

oh... and has anyone ever replaced an ac compressor on an e36? how much of a job is it to detach and reattach the refridgerant lines? anyone ever have any issues there? I'm not worried about pulling out the old one and putting in the new one.. just the refridgerant lines and charging it back up... dont want to hit any serious snags there.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey all,

So i found this brand new unicla AC compressor on ebay and was going to buy it until i cross referenced the OEM part number they list with REALOEM.com and found they were different. item number = 280221458336

Then i went to pelican parts and looked up the part number that realoem lists, and pelican says it was superseded to another part number, which, again, is different than what's on ebay.

ebay ad part # = 64528390741
real oem part # = 64528390228
superseded to = 64528385714

Now, normally i would say that that was a definitive answer for the fact that the part on ebay will not fit, but the guy on ebay lists out all the bmw years and version that it will fit, and mine is definitely in there (95 318i with prod date of 11/94)

So i guess i need some direction.. should i take a chance with the ebay one? What do you think? are the ac compressors all the same from 03/94 - 99? i think that's what i read somewhere.

oh... and has anyone ever replaced an ac compressor on an e36? how much of a job is it to detach and reattach the refridgerant lines? anyone ever have any issues there? I'm not worried about pulling out the old one and putting in the new one.. just the refridgerant lines and charging it back up... dont want to hit any serious snags there.
A few things, Yours could have the Seiko Seki and if so the unicla will not replace it, Also note that if the unicla you need is one with a speed sensor there were alot of problems with them in the past, Not sure if it was ever cleared up or not .

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what i really should do is pull out my old one, and read the part number off of it and see what i have... Sounds like there's just too many possibilities for the right part

·
I have questions!!
86 Posts
I too would like to know!!
My compressor is making some worrying noises at idle and I will prolly need a change here soon.
Any further information would be super helpful to us newbees!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yea my compressor makes a weird noise too....

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think my AC compressor clutch bearings are shot. I wonder if you can rebuild them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts