BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some tell me how I can remove my door panel. Pictures, service manual copy, etc. I need to realign it beciase the drivers side panel is not set properly towards the rear of the door. Any advice? I dont want to start experimenting and marring up the paint or snaps, etc.

Thanks

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Advice...

Bring it to the dealership.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Best advice..

Yep..

Take it to the dealer...

If you wanna ask someone they guy that did my window tinting takes them off all the time... Alvin-Os in San Diego I don't have the number but ask information and I'm sure he would be willing to answer a couple questions..

but still the best advice is don't mess with it and take it to the dealer..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I am kind of anal about these things but I know it would be best to wait. I'm planning to have the oil changed at 3-5K miles so I will take it then and have them look at the door, assist button (I got the letter from BMW) and have then install the AUX input.
Thanks again

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Socalz71 said:
Thanks for the advice. I am kind of anal about these things but I know it would be best to wait. I'm planning to have the oil changed at 3-5K miles so I will take it then and have them look at the door, assist button (I got the letter from BMW) and have then install the AUX input.
Thanks again
Sir Analcompulsive. I waited for 7,500 miles before blowing a Ben Franklin on new oil. Good luck on the assistt button. Are you coming to 6erfest next month (August)?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank Mal thats also good advice, I'll se where I am when it gets close to 5K and possible wait it out for the free oil anal oil change.
The fest would be great if not for the distance but depends on how compulsive my anus will be then. No whtat I'm clear braed, I can be a little less paranoid. How about something towards the westside as a midpoint for both of us.

I hope that name doesn't stick.

·
Banned
761 Posts
Socalz71 said:
Thanks again
May I ask about the "Assist Button" letter you mention above?

Why are you going with an Aux input? Can't wait for the integrated MOST bus adaptor?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Bighat,
The vehicle assist button issue is not really the button bu the assist system. I don't remember exactly how the letter was worded but it was to the affect of, the airbag deployment notification communication system may be interupped with certain models and should get it checked. The dealer goes through some procedures and determs by the results if it has affected you or not. If not your okay and supposed to get a freet ank of gas. If so, then they take the unit our and either repair or replace it. May be worth mentioning next time your at the dealers.

Now what is this intergrated MOST bus adaptor? Is it the Ipod thing that supposed to be released in July and delayed? If so , I want something more universal. Think about Tom's video/dvd/ipod setup he has for our cars. I havn't had him install it yet becuase it requires the aux input.

If its not that, than what is it?
Thanks

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Socalz71 said:
Thank Mal thats also good advice, I'll se where I am when it gets close to 5K and possible wait it out for the free oil anal oil change.
The fest would be great if not for the distance but depends on how compulsive my anus will be then. No whtat I'm clear braed, I can be a little less paranoid. How about something towards the westside as a midpoint for both of us.

I hope that name doesn't stick.
Lord U R Compulsive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.