BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 330 CI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BMW 330CI 2005 model. Had not used it for 2 months; battery is completely dead. The car is locked and I don’t see even the red light blinking (locking). I do have external battery and jumper cables but can’t open the trunk as it has no keyhole & I can't get in the car. There is a key hole on the passenger seat but it just does a full turn when tried manually. Please could you help me to open the car or trunk, or anything else to solve this. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hook up the jumper cables in the engine compartment. There’s a connection for the positive end on the left side of the engine bay. Then connect the ground to the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Pretend that the hood latch has failed and look up ways to get the hood open without key access to the interior of the car, for example: What to do when your hood release cable breaks
Note the second method of the post is a non-destructive (no cutting) method. I would try that first. Then apply power to connections under the hood, as suggested by DJBuzzard. There are probably other ways if you search for them.

·
Registered
2002 e39 530i
382 Posts
This is the video that I used to get my hood open when I had a broken latch. I probably opened it 10 times like this before I finally fixed my latch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is why being a AAA membership or subscribing to a roadside assistance plan is a good idea, they can get the doors open and jump start the car. There are many ways to get into a car with locked doors, the most common in newer cars is to carefully pull on the upper corner of the door (farthest from the hinge) until a small gap appears, hold the gap open with a wedge, then use something to reach inside and pull the door handle. I used to work in law enforcement and made some simple entry tools from old car antennas, these were to get into cars which had pets or small kids locked inside, or had to be opened to recover evidence (or worse things).

·
RayMondo
551 Posts
Can't open the bonnet/access engine, as the car is locked
Your key should open the driver's door manually. You may have to remove a cover to reveal the lock.
Then open the hood and connect a battery to the +ve terminal and the strut tower.

Having said that my car has a lock on both the driver's door handle and the trunk lid. Maybe that's a UK thing.

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 330 CI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks All. I was able to find the trunk key hole under my number plate. Used the key tp open it. Accessed the battery in car which in the trunk, and recharged it. This also helped to unlock the car once charged. I also bought an external mobile power bank that comes with a booster button, in case I run into a battery issue in the future when not using for a long time. Thank you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts