Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Jesal
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the type68 rims that came with my 330ci sport, i need winter tires for them, so what size do i need? :)

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
Get new rims with snows mounted. Tire Rack will give you all the sizes of tires that will work.

It is NOT recommended to keep 1 set of rims and continually mount/dismount snows and summer tires. This weakens the tire, and increases you risk of getting your rims scratched up by the techs mounting them.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
alee said:
Get new rims with snows mounted. Tire Rack will give you all the sizes of tires that will work.

It is NOT recommended to keep 1 set of rims and continually mount/dismount snows and summer tires. This weakens the tire, and increases you risk of getting your rims scratched up by the techs mounting them.
What no picture of your 17 wheels:dunno: :confused:

·
The Jesal
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i forget to mention that once i get winter tires put on the stocks... im going to keep that set for winters. I plan to get 19s in spring time for the summer.

here are the stocks..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
If you're putting them on your stock M68s, the correct answer is Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22s. 225/45/17F, 245/40/17R. This got me through the snowy stuff just fine.

If you live in an area that has more snow, better speak to Tire Rack. Staggered rims are not optimal for heavy snow.

·
Registered
800 Posts
For optimal traction in the snow you will need 17"x7" wheels with 205/50-17 tires. Wider tires in the snow only helps you float as opposed to skinnier tires digging into the snow.

T

·
0 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
Oh i forget to mention that once i get winter tires put on the stocks... im going to keep that set for winters. I plan to get 19s in spring time for the summer.

here are the stocks..
Um, if you're going to put them on the same rims, then you need the same size tires as you have now. The size is printed on the sidewall.

Were you thinking otherwise?

BTW, I want to see who makes a 245/40/17 SNOW tire.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:
See Al's post above, he has Blizzaks in that size.

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
TD said:

Um, if you're going to put them on the same rims, then you need the same size tires as you have now. The size is printed on the sidewall.

Were you thinking otherwise?

Try this:

http://www.tirerack.com/

the entire address won't post, but if you go thru the menus and choose "winter only" you'll get the Blizzaks that fit the OEM wheels (front and rear) on the SP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello from canada

i have put 225 all around last year on theses rims and ther were ok.

check the t data if the tire can accept the rim size...

my tires were goodyear made in germany and they are ok in snow and pretty good on ice...

(goodyear ultragrip gw2)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts