BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm trying to find the wiring diagram for a 330Ci (E46). I'm having a lot of trouble trying to wire the horns on. I've checked out the link to BMW-Planet's wiring diagram, but I can't install the software to allow me to look at it. Can anyone help? I just need a screen cap of what the horn system looks like on the wiring diagram. Thank you! <3

·
Registered
75 Posts
I feel your pain. I was going to suggest Bentley but I looked and it is useless.

The e36 Bentley was somewhat useful but this book so-far from an electrical standpoint is a POC. What happened to those guys between the e36 and the e46.

We need a good source of electrical documentation for our cars! I'll have to try my luck with BMW-Planet. I will be working on the stereo and need decent documents.

Phil

Hi guys!

I'm trying to find the wiring diagram for a 330Ci (E46). I'm having a lot of trouble trying to wire the horns on. I've checked out the link to BMW-Planet's wiring diagram, but I can't install the software to allow me to look at it. Can anyone help? I just need a screen cap of what the horn system looks like on the wiring diagram. Thank you! <3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ever find anything ? I believe my car was in a front end collision and I am upgrading to hella horns because I could only hear the low pitch horn , I found the high pitch horn and cannot seem to locate the low pitch horn or even the wiring for the horn, could someone please help me locate the low pitch wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 121K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
24,283 Posts
I don't read German my friend
Looks English to me. I'll bet that if I used the German epithet that comes instantly to mind you'd understand.

"newTIS.info beta
Please identify your vehicle to proceed.

Enter chassis number (last 7 characters of the VIN):
Or select the type manually:"

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2004 330ci convertible. This time around when I opened your link it came up in English. Weird... anyways, I appreciate your attempt to help me but I’m too illiterate to navigate that website far enough to find horn wiring. I tried finding it but had no luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you Doug for your help, sadly this is no help to me. I can’t really understand how to look at a wiring diagram and then dive into the engine bay and find that missing wire :/

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 121K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
24,283 Posts
The component identifications K2 (relay), H2, H3, (horns) are links to pictures. The schematic wire traces are color coded Vi/Bl, Violet with Blue trace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.