BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading their FAQ and it's kind of wierd application process that they have. I am assuming you expert users can help me out.

For beginner you use Z1 or ZFX then on top of that you apply z2 or z5.
"Let Z-5 or Z-2 polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 or Z-5"
-that is fine i wait about that long as well.

But the question is for those guys who has applied 7 or 8 layers
"After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2."

Are you guys doing the multiple layers over a extended amount of period?? I am not sure if I am understanding the process very much.
I applied the second layer as soon as I was done with layer 1. Am i just wasting money???

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
LIL RAJA said:

But the question is for those guys who has applied 7 or 8 layers
"After removal of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5. You should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees, before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2."

Are you guys doing the multiple layers over a extended amount of period?? I am not sure if I am understanding the process very much.
I applied the second layer as soon as I was done with layer 1. Am i just wasting money???
i'm not the biggest zaino head. but i've used it on friend's car many times and here's what i got (i research many boards, called them). if you are using z1 then yes you have to wait for it to cure. if you are using zfx, you can just layer layer layer (well i'd wait like 15-20 minutes before next layer). that's the benefit of zfx over z1 is time saving. if you read teh part abou zfx they are pretty clear...

You're now ready to apply your next coat of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™. There's no need to wait. Simply follow steps 1-4 above one more time. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel to remove each coat of ZFX™ enabled Show Car Polish.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks eugene. I really like zaino makes the paint feel better than new. I have used all kinds of wax and this is my favorite.
I would like to know why you are not so crazy about it or more importantly what do you recommend. Thanks!

LIL Raja

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
LIL RAJA said:
thanks eugene. I really like zaino makes the paint feel better than new. I have used all kinds of wax and this is my favorite.
I would like to know why you are not so crazy about it or more importantly what do you recommend. Thanks!

LIL Raja
umm, i was all about zaino, but have since moved on. i go through phases of detailing systems. but zaino (i'm sure i'll get all kinds of responses to this) to me leaves a "plasticy" shine. no depth (or wet look) to the shine. looks great on some colors (red, white) but not so great on other colors. dont get me wrong, zaino is a GREAT system and i will probably use it again sooner or later. i have klasse and while i dont have it on my car i have put it on my mom's car and it's great. leaves a nice shine. and (although you can do this with zaino as well) it's easy to top with a wax coat. zaino is "optically pure" and there have been many threads on klasse "tinting" cars (not sure how, but no lasting effects, take klasse off tint goes away) to make them look slightly darker and thus more "wet".

what i recommend has more to do with whether or not your car is outside or garaged, how much time you have or are willing to dedicate to detailing. detailing is something where you ask opinions to know generically what to get and what to avoid, then try a bunch of things. you dont have to try all at once (no need to kill the wallet). the ppl here are fairly knowledgeable on various systems, but most are more about driving their car than spending hours detailing it. feel free to ask me any questions. you can PM me or email or anything. g'luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts