BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My issue is that I have an E36 1997 BMW M3, which recently had the DME computer flashed, and an M50 Plenum was added.
The stock 3" MAF is still in place, but I have a 3.5" MAF from a 1994-2001 740i that uses a different connector to hook up which does not fit. The computer is flashed for a 3.5" numbered 800 series E38 MAF.
I bought Bimmerworld's $9.99 Universal adapter to hook up the MAF, but I need the E38 740i MAF Sensor Wiring diagram to hook up the four wires correctly into the universal adapter.

THUS, I REALLY NEED THE MAF WIRING DIAGRAM FROM AN E38 1994-2001 740i MAF.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

· I Am The Machine
22,579 Posts
Since you need the EWD from an E38 part, ask in the E38 section. Or, you might actually get more response from the E39 guys, the 540i used the exact same drivetrain.

Good luck, and welcome to the Fest. :)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock 3" E36 MAF has four wires coming out of it: Yellow; Red w/ white stripes; Black; and Brown w/ orange stripes. The 3.5" 740i E38 MAF has four wires coming out of it: Gray w/ blue stripes; Brown; Silver w/ yellow stripes; Red w/ blue stripes.
I need to know how to splice these together correctly.

· I Am The Machine
22,579 Posts
Glad you found it, and thanks for replying back with the solution! Sorry we couldn't be of more help. :)

· I Am The Machine
22,579 Posts
lol, thats funny cuz I was going to say just **** with it... there are only 4 wires... only 24 possible connections hahaha
And the wrong connection could fry your MAF :AF330i:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.