BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently negotiating a new 2013 x3, msrp 48145, but so far i'm only getting offers just below 46000, I was hopping to get lower than that, 44k, max 45k...
The dealers apparently don't mind letting me walk away
Any advice from the those who managed to negotiate prices below 6% off msrp?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wabbajack
I tried the costco program and according to the dealer that was referred to me the costco deal is invoice + 1500 which takes me to 45775...
The other issue is that the dealer is more than an hour away.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm currently negotiating a new 2013 x3, msrp 48145, but so far i'm only getting offers just below 46000, I was hopping to get lower than that, 44k, max 45k...
The dealers apparently don't mind letting me walk away
Any advice from the those who managed to negotiate prices below 6% off msrp?
Work it from the other direction, from Invoice up, not Sticker down. Use a site such as edmunds.com to determine the invoice price. Make an offer based on that.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the inputs, I went on Zag.com which apparently changed to truecar.com
unfortunately, there is no dealer in my area so truecar.com sent me to autobytel.com
They had a dealer in the area so I sent a request for quote.
I'll keep you updated!

· Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,286 Posts
BMWNA has changed their financing offers down recently which is usually an indicator that sales are slowing...that and the new $1000.00 drive and discount problem.

Don't let the dealer BS you. Walk away. I tell them I am trying to build a relationship here and you must not want the additional business.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I went to diferrent dealer today and got the price down by 400. according to him we are now really close to invoice, + 700.
He's telling me that his invoice is just 7% below msrp. That doesn't match what I find on edmunds. Any inputs ?

· Ukemi - that's how I roll
4,286 Posts
So I went to diferrent dealer today and got the price down by 400. according to him we are now really close to invoice, + 700.
He's telling me that his invoice is just 7% below msrp. That doesn't match what I find on edmunds. Any inputs ?
Yes, he is lying. It would help if you told us what he quoted. Why are people so nervous about mentioning dealer name and price.

The more transparency in public with dealers the more honest they have to be. Tell them right up front you are going to research the price and them.

· Registered
2,984 Posts
Invoice + 700 is probably 7% below MSRP. Typically, for BMW, invoice is about 92% MSRP.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are the numbers,

I have quote now for 45500, that's 5.5% below the MSRP of 48145.

As far as the invoice goes, I'm still not sure what it is:
the dealer says 7% below MSRP = 44775
truecar says 44875 (7%)
Edmunds shows 44275 (8%)

· Registered
1,364 Posts
2 things

1- Always get at least 2 dealers involved
2- Offer Invoice plus $500 and turn down all the extra crap they will try to add on. Tell them that is otd pricing , nothing else except sales tax

The easiest way is to make offers via internet and don't give them your phone number until you have a firm commitment in writing via an email. Then if you have a local dealer whom you would prefer to deal with, take them a copy of the offer and ask them if they will match it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got 2 dealers that I like right now so it looks like I'm going to get closer to my price. It's pretty amazing to see how at the beginning nothing was possible and all the sudden, when they feel that you're almost buying and there is some competition, things change!

I could also confirm the invoice price of 44,460 with one of the dealers so the truth was in between 7 and 8% below msrp :)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally, I placed the order !

Final price 45300 vs msrp of 48145 and invoice of 44460

no special discounts like loyalty or team USA...

that's almost 6% below msrp so i'm pretty satisfied

thanks for your help!

they gave me a delivery date in 3 to 3.5 week, I hope I can count on that!

here's the config
2013 X3 28i white/oyster/sienna
convenience, sport activity, premium, cold weather, navigation

· Bavarian enthusiast
39 Posts
Finally, I placed the order !

Final price 45300 vs msrp of 48145 and invoice of 44460

no special discounts like loyalty or team USA...

that's almost 6% below msrp so i'm pretty satisfied

thanks for your help!

they gave me a delivery date in 3 to 3.5 week, I hope I can count on that!

here's the config
I ordered mine yesterday as well!

I am wondering if we can still opt for Team USA discount or not though :/ I feel a little ripped off by that. As it was supposedly a nationwide promotion.

Theres one or two more options I might change, but we'll see. How does one follow production of the car?

· Registered
256 Posts
www.bmwconfig.com is constantly updated, you can trust the values there and I always take that print-out to the dealership and say "this + $500 is what i'm paying, take it or leave it". I've bought 5 BMWs for myself that way, have helped friends and family buy 6 BMWs that way. It works, there's no BS and it's fair.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just picked up the x3 yesterday, it was actually at the dealer since friday, that's just a bit more than 2 weeks!

It looks and drives awesome!

config

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.