BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Living on the redline
32,613 Posts
or otherwise known as a "Mopars how to cheat step by step" guide book :eeps:

· Banned
5,336 Posts
Interesting.
I wonder if I can get a rental SRT-4 for a few days...

· doh!!!
3,214 Posts

found this sort of funny

"The final common issue on SRT-4 involves the
clutch. It was extensively tested, and it’s a robust
design that can handle the stock engine’s power – if
drivers are good with a stick. If drivers are not good
(and many SRT-4 owners may be new to driving a
stick), they’re more likely to damage the clutch."

· I do'nt make mistakes.
13,832 Posts
BlackChrome said:
It's not a 'Dodge Neon SRT-4'. It's a 'Dodge SRT-4'. Calling it a 'Neon SRT-4' would anger a bunch of SRT-4 owners! :p
Is it a package or a separate model? Seems like I've heard this discussion here before... :angel:

I wonder how they would handle an SRT-4 modded with one of the Mopar kits. The document seems mostly to focus on incorrectly done mods, such as extra boost without larger injectors.

· Format c:\*.* /y
1,346 Posts
cwsqbm said:
Is it a package or a separate model? Seems like I've heard this discussion here before... :angel:
According to Dodge (their marketing department most likely) it's a seperate model. This is the line that many SRT-4 owners will defend to the death. That being said, I don't think that anybody in their right mind could possibly deny that it is in fact a Neon that's been substantially modified, no matter what the Dodge marketing department tells you...

· mmm... carbs!
3,111 Posts
cwsqbm said:

I wonder how they would handle an SRT-4 modded with one of the Mopar kits. The document seems mostly to focus on incorrectly done mods, such as extra boost without larger injectors.
I got the feeling that mods are okay if Mopar stuff is used, but not okay otherwise. Gotta love that.

· Registered
7,065 Posts
all three Mopar turbo kits are intended for racing, not for on-road use, and customers who install them should understand the implications.
The vehicle warranty does not cover racing.
You mod it, you break it, you pay to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.