Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
A photographer and 3 models were at a local VAG meet about 6 weeks ago, taking photos and promoting the event. Nobody there seemed to know what they were about, but they made a pretty big impression.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jon,
The staff at Neowerkes hopes that you can make it on August 11th. :thumb:

NEOWERKES - EUROPEAN TUNER CHALLENGE

On Sunday, August 11th 2002 at the California Speedway, neoWerkes presents "European Tuner Challenge". This is the place where the top notch European show cars & the quickest Drag Racers come out to compete and show. It will also feature many categories & classes for the drag race challenge as well as the show cars, all of the categories/classes will offer trophies and cash prizes to the best/quickest. Many of the European Automobile Tuner Vendors will be on hand to sell, promote, and answer questions to make the event a memorable experience.
Along with the European Tuner Challenge, neoWerkes will also feature the Model Showcase Expo. Meet the top industry models for photo and autograph session.

For online registration and ticket purchases, please visit www.neowerkes.com.

Thank you.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
BimmerFest II :tsk:
Actually, Vince, if you read their itinerary, you will see that their event is very different from BimmerFest.

The one thing is common will be the presence of some very special BMWs... :D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Jon Shafer said:

Actually, Vince, if you read their itinerary, you will see that their event is very different from BimmerFest.

The one thing is common will be the presence of some very special BMWs... :D
HEY Jon, How 'bout getting those models at Bimmerfest next year! ;) :D :thumb:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny that you should ask that...

That suggestion (and even an offer) was made to that effect. Unfortunately, it came up too late to include in the plans.

:cry: :bawling:

But hey, there's always next year!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: How about having Hooters as a sponsor?

in_d_haus said:
How about having Hooters as a sponsor?
Now that would be sending the WRONG message to the youth in attendance, wouldn't it?

:dunno:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Re: Re: How about having Hooters as a sponsor?

Jon Shafer said:

Now that would be sending the WRONG message to the youth in attendance, wouldn't it?

:dunno:
I'm just trying to help defer some of your cost... :angel: I'm working for you buddy! :D

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I did notice that the best looking women at Bimmerfest was from Washington going to school at USC. 'Course I am a bit biased...:D

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Jon, have you figured out if you're working or not?

I checked my schedule and I'm NOT working on 8/11. The LA BMW CCA was thinking of setting up a booth at the event. I guess I could volunteer if one of the other models could work the booth with me:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Jon, have you figured out if you're working or not?

scottn2retro said:
I checked my schedule and I'm NOT working on 8/11. The LA BMW CCA was thinking of setting up a booth at the event. I guess I could volunteer if one of the other models could work the booth with me:
Dang Scott!

I just projected out my schedule on the calendar.

I'll be working all weekend long (up here at Cutter)...

:cry: :bawling: :banghead:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Gee, Jon, too bad

I guess Sasha and I would have to work the booth wtihout you! :p

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Gee, Jon, too bad

scottn2retro said:
I guess Sasha and I would have to work the booth wtihout you! :p
Looks like you will surely have both of your hands full Scott!

:thumbup:

:lmao:

Wish I could make it...

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Ackster said:
Damn you west coasters!:p You get all of the good shows/events. :bawling: :bawling:

I might need to fly out next year for Bimmerfest. :thumbup:
Bimmerfest east on July 20......

east coast event might be mod heaven:dunno:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Bimmerfest east on July 20......

DTM event so it might be mod heaven:dunno:
Thanks for the info. :D I actually did see this. I'm not sure if I want to drive the 7 hours to go though. I just can't do these drives like I used to a couple of years back when I was still in college. . . ah, I guess I'm getting old. :rolleyes:

At least if I decide to go my entire family lives all over NYC so finding a place to stay is easy enough.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts