Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me :dunno: Please :)

I bought my wife a laptop for x-mas and I'm trying to get her email to work.

My laptop in on a wireless network Linksys 2.4G and we're on Comcast.

Anyway, she can send me email and I can send it to her, but when she tries to read incoming email it asks for a username and password. Mine doesn't ask for either one.

Can she actually have her own email address this way? I think there's something I'm missing here, one way or another.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
What email address is she using? (not specifically) how is Comcast routing to her? they should ask for a username and password; and it should be supplied for the new email account in the account setup areas of your email client.

have you got that set yet?

:dunno:

edit: being able to send email doesn't necessarily mean much, only if your provider requires authorization to do so, i believe....

Also, this from comcast should apply...
Comcast said:
Can I add new user names or email addresses to my account?

Yes. Comcast High-Speed Internet service allows you to create up to six additional user names (email addresses) associated with your account. To add a user name:

1. Select the My Account link from the top of the Comcast.net Start Page
2. In the EMAIL SETTINGS table, select Create additional email accounts

Note: you must be signed in with your Primary Account in order to create Secondary Accounts.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just did it, but I guess I have to wait before it takes hold, so to speak

·
On Top
8,779 Posts
Are you using Outlook to send/recieve mail?If so go into tools then select the account, and click change. From there you should be able to see where your username and password go, and on the outgoing mail sever tab click the box for "use same as incoming". More details plz.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went to Comcast.net and added another email acct and it's working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts